Remember to check the support topic for any additional information regarding this mod
- Translations updated by contributors.
- Support for baler-and-wrapper combination; FBP 3135 (Kuhn DLC).
- Increased starting distance to 20, from 10.
- Fix for saving/loading distance and offset between savegame-sessions.
Have you ever wanted to make a transport convoy, or just be able to; cut grass - dry it - rake it - bale it - wrap it - pick it up, with multiple tractors all in one go?
With the 'Follow Me' mod, a vehicle can be told to follow after another vehicle.
How to use it
Before telling about the controls, here's a list of known problems that may occur when you use it:
- The speed of followers may not always be 100% accurate as it could be, with regards to how fast/slow they should drive when following the "trail".
- Some vehicles may start to zig-zag, in the attempt at following the "trail", due to trying to touch every "trail crumb". This is most obvious when reaching a turn at high speeds, and trying to "get back on track".
- Turning on beaconlights, when having set up a circular convoy - i.e. vehicle-A follows vehicle-B follows vehicle-C follows vehicle-A - will make the beaconlights repeatedly turn on and off.
The action-keys, which can be changed in Options - Controls, are defined in two sets:
Myself - For the vehicle the player is driving:
RIGHT CTRL + F = Start/stop following the vehicle in front (if possible).
RIGHT CTRL + H = Pause/resume following.
RIGHT CTRL + W/S = Decrease/increase following distance, in steps of 5.
RIGHT CTRL + A/D = Adjust left/right offset when following, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT CTRL + X = Toggle offset between zero and last value.
press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + X = Invert the offset (left-to-right, right-to-left).
press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Behind - To control the vehicle that is following behind me (if any):
RIGHT SHIFT + F = Stop the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + H = Pause/resume the follower.
RIGHT SHIFT + W/S = Decrease/increase the follower's distance to me, in steps of 5.
RIGHT SHIFT + A/D = Adjust the follower's left/right offset, in steps of 0.5.
RIGHT SHIFT + X = Toggle the follower's offset between zero and last value.
press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + X = Invert the follower's offset (left-to-right, right-to-left).
press-and-hold RIGHT SHIFT + W/S to repeat decrease/increase in steps of 1.
Note: Each set of action-keys must use the same modifier-key!
Switching it on/off
To follow some vehicle, point your own vehicle towards it and press the start action (RIGHT CTRL + F).
If no "trail crumbs" can be found, or the vehicle already is followed by another, a warning will appear and you will have to either move a little bit further towards/back, or change to follow another vehicle.
It is possible to "pause" driving, and then later "resume" following the leader's trail, using the wait/resume action (RIGHT CTRL + H).
To stop following, press the same action again (RIGHT CTRL + F).
Distance and offset
The follow distance can be set using RIGHT CTRL + W/S, in increments of approximate 5 meters. Positive values are "keep back" distance (up to +250), and negative values are "in front" (up to -50).
Do please note that current there are no traffic-collision-triggerboxes, so vehicles will not be able to detect when/if they collide into the leading vehicle or some other vehicle - so you better set the distance further back.
Left/right offset is set using RIGHT CTRL + A/D, in increments of approximate 0.5 meter.
The offset can be toggled between 'zero' and 'last offset value' (RIGHT CTRL + X), or inverted (press-and-hold RIGHT CTRL + X).
If a follower has a turned on round-baler or a bale-wrapper, it will now automatically unload the bale. Please note; primarily only the vanilla Baler/BaleWrapper scripts are supported, so some mod balers may not work as intended.
This mod's script files MAY NOT, SHALL NOT and MUST NOT be embedded in any other mod nor any map-mod!
Please do NOT upload this mod to any other hosting site - I can do that myself, when needed!
Keep the original download link!
Problems or bugs?
If you encounter problems or bugs using this mod, please use the support-thread.
- Followers are not able to detect traffic-vehicles, and will therefore collide with them.
- Followers speed is not always 100% accurate.
- Too high speed into a turn, or having a slow steering, will make the follower go zig-zag in an attempt at "getting back on track".
- Follower-vehicles that has no build in traffic-collision-box can (obviously) not detect if they are about to collide with something in front.
Testing & quality
Ratings & Feedback
Overall rating: 4/5 stars
There are currently no reviews of this mod
- DrUptown, spinah, fendtfreek, Gonimy_Vetrom, bbj89, DD ModPassion, pokers, Ziuta, pewemo, Alfredo Prieto, xno, Vanquish081, Paxly
For copyright problems, please contact [email protected]