Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Sort of off topic.

Seen 475 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
KimG
MVP
Joined April 2015

« on: May 09, 2019, 05:26:48 pm »

I have been getting a persistent BSOD lately whenever I am running FS17, the BSOD is a BAD POOL CALLER, I looked into this a little and tried updating the graphics driver, but that has no positive effect. The crash can come at any time, 5 minutes in or three hours, it also happens during a game pause as well (not every time, but sometimes during a long pause I come back and find the machine has rebooted.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what may be at fault? I have not had the crash outside of FS17 so far, so I imagine there is some sort of conflict.

Cheers for reading through even if you don't know any answers.

yumi
Veteran
Joined May 2012

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 06:49:46 pm »

Hello,
I would say you might give a RAM check on your system. Defect on the memory can give BSOD and it might occur only with FS if it's the application using more memory than usual on your system.
You could look for ram test program (don't know one on Windows) or look for this function that can be run at machine startup after the bios/uefi

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Now on FS19
KimG
MVP
Joined April 2015

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 08:35:58 pm »

Thanks yumi, I'll check that out.

Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2019, 10:57:04 pm »

Here is a way to use windows to test the RAM so you don't need to download any programs Kim.

Step 1: Open the Start Menu and type in mdsched.exe, then press enter.

Step 2. A pop-up will appear on your screen, asking how you'd like to go about checking the memory. The first option will restart your machine and check the memory right now, and the second option checks the next time you choose to reboot. Pick the option that best suits your needs.

Step 3: Your computer will load a screen that shows the progress of the check and number of passes it will run on the memory. Watch the memory diagnostic tool for errors. If there are no errors, then it's likely that your RAM is not causing any issues, and it's time to investigate other hardware or software issues.

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 260 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
KimG
MVP
Joined April 2015

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2019, 11:23:32 pm »

Thanks MA, I did that and found no errors, I did discover though that I had OC'd the chip, so I reset that back to default speed and am pretty confident this has a good chance of sorting the issue, I forgot I had done the Overclocking.

Thanks again for your help, Yumi too.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page