FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Trailers for 2019

Seen 1809 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
robbie
Area Moderator
Joined August 2011
It only takes 1 person to help hundreds.

« on: January 10, 2019, 11:51:57 pm »

Okay so I do like modelling, and once in Blender sometimes it's hard to turn the dam thing off and go to bed?.

So I have started making this trailer as I noticed within the game, there isn't much to choose from for the transporting of a few smaller items, like taking bags of fert or seeds to the field in a hurry, rather than wasting diesel on the tractor its better to jump in your pickup, hitch up a little trailer and off to the shop we go, also be good for wool and other little things but Main reason was starting these was the lack of small trailers within the game.

I intend on making three versions of this trailer, and the pictures to follow are for the 4.2 mtr version 2 axles, there is also going to be a 5.5 mtr version with tri axles and also a beaver tail version, also @ 5.5 mtrs tri axles but may play around with the size to fit a few skid steers and small tractors etc:.

Anyways enough bla bla bla. Here are a few pictures of the 4.2 version.

I did start these on Tuesday and people already know that I am making them, but for those that don't know? any guesses on the make.

Thanks for looking as always and further updates once advanced a little more.

ninja02
Regular
Joined July 2011

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:34:42 am »

Looking Good Robbie,  burning the midnight oil to finish it  lol

Phill
Cam 135
Cam 135 Modding
Regular
Joined March 2018
If she aint blue she wont do - Grew up in a ts

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 05:12:18 am »

Good to see someone covering the lower end of the spectrum, ill stick to the big trailers  Cheesy Good work robbie!

If she aint blue she wont do - Grew up in a ts
milpol
MVP
Joined January 2012
RSend Software, we create mods with Blender.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:58:35 am »

Very nice Robbie Smiley
Ant3
Veteran
Joined April 2013

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 10:54:22 am »

Would it be possible to make a one axle version suited for the Mahindra/Gator?
robbie
Area Moderator
Joined August 2011

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 12:17:02 pm »

Thanks for the comments guy's appreciate it.

Would it be possible to make a one axle version suited for the Mahindra/Gator?

As for a single axle version for the Mahindra/Gator, I could possible make one? but not sure if this would be of any benefit, Not sure of the size of the single axle version as I know they make one, but not as sure what would fit inside it once made, I could play around and see what it's worth and also make sure that it's not going to be just good for a set of gloves and boots to carry after a day in the woods.

I will work on others but will keep this single axle in mind, and again may give a little picture to see if it's worth making or not.

milpol
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 01:11:47 pm »

6' x4' Robbie, singe axle ! 300mm sides.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/brands/t/trailers-2000
robbie
Area Moderator
Joined August 2011

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 01:52:08 pm »

Thanks for that Milpol, but the trailers I am making are all in the "Nugent" family lol.

Anyways found this one which is made by themselves, and it's based for the use with quad's so this might just fit in quite nicely ??

https://www.nugentengineering.com/portfolio/quad/

IDC
Formerly 'IDC Farming Company'
Joined October 2014
Proud member of the Northside Farming Group (NSFG)

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 05:08:43 pm »

Will you be adding the livestock trailer to your fleet Robbie? Something that has been lacking from FS I feel.
Dorset
500+
Joined December 2014

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:46 pm »

Nice 3D work robbie looking good.

Nothing is perfect. Perfection simply doesn't exist.....Without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.
Nothing matters very much and hardly anything matters at all.
JDB14
American Patriot
MVP
Joined August 2011
FD Tester; Proud to be Deaf.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 11:17:49 pm »

Very nice, and thoughtful addition as well! Looking forward to it Smiley

Ant3
Veteran
Joined April 2013

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 12:07:45 am »

Thanks for the comments guy's appreciate it.

As for a single axle version for the Mahindra/Gator, I could possible make one? but not sure if this would be of any benefit, Not sure of the size of the single axle version as I know they make one, but not as sure what would fit inside it once made, I could play around and see what it's worth and also make sure that it's not going to be just good for a set of gloves and boots to carry after a day in the woods.

I will work on others but will keep this single axle in mind, and again may give a little picture to see if it's worth making or not.

As long as the Trailer isn't smaller than the bed of the gator it would be fine by me. That way you can put a seed bag on the gator and a fert bag on the trailer.

And when i'm at it. A small trailer with Diesel tank and a "tool" box for Service/maintenance on the field?
milpol
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 12:13:11 am »

Thanks for that Milpol, but the trailers I am making are all in the "Nugent" family lol.

Anyways found this one which is made by themselves, and it's based for the use with quad's so this might just fit in quite nicely ??

https://www.nugentengineering.com/portfolio/quad/
That would be a nice future project to keep in mind Robbie.
robbie
Area Moderator
Joined August 2011

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 06:54:35 pm »

Yeah might really look into that a lot more and Who knows? maybe add a quad or so!!! lol.

Anyways after getting a little info from a very intelligent guy, he told me to look into a lot of Giant's own made stuff in assets, and You know what there is a tone off stuff in there at the ready for all to use as needed. Rear lights and number plate lights etc: fit this trailer from default, so really appreciate the heads up on that FA!. So I was actually thinking about getting these trailers up and running and then making a little ? big quad type for the replacement of the gaitor ? thoughts!

Quite surprised these are not already in game?? as it makes the Mahindra/Gator pretty much a transport to and from vehicle only?

These are also work horses on most farms, and maybe time to start modelling for these little bad boys also.

HGSModding
Joined July 2018

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 10:27:04 pm »

A quad and equipment would be awesome for farm maintance please make them haha they'd be really really cool
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page