FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Most liked maps for FS17

Seen 1008 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Nikos72
Joined December 2018

« on: January 08, 2019, 10:23:42 am »

With the release of FS19, despite its issues, FS17 approaches the end of a cycle. No one expects many new FS17 maps anymore. I guess it is a good time to remember all the maps we have played and maybe decide which of them we liked the most. So, the question would be: "if you could play only five maps of FS17 which ones would you choose?"
Starting here, this is my preferred set:

1. The Valley The Old Farm.
2. Oakfield Farm.
3. Old Streams Farm.
4. Shamrock Valley.
5. Abandoned Forest.

I would also consider "de Terra Italica", somewhere, if it did not have so many bugs.
Blue Painted
Veteran
Joined January 2017

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:58:03 am »

This was on my mind too ...

1. Oakfield
2. Gwenddyr
3. Rathlin Island
4. Lone Oak
5. DolnośląskaWieś

Honourable mentions to Thornton and Chellington, which I *think* were both FS15 converted to FS17.

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
this_is_gav
MVP
Joined December 2010

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:07 am »

1) Coldborough Park Farm
2) Oakfield Farm

Unfair to make a top five as those two occupied about 90% of my FS17 life.

I'm not saying they're the best, but they are my favourites. Coldborough will take a lot to knock off my top spot. It's what got me into FS in the long term and kept me interested (up until FS15 I just dabbled in the GIANTS maps for some unfathomable reason).

Oakfield just has everything. Small fields, big fields, a solid road network, multiple sell points, detail, a fully utilised map and convincing background scenery.

Obviously the thing that binds them is that they are based on real life areas, which for me is key. Fictional farms rarely draw me as it's nearly impossible to ever make them feel real. Even fictional maps should start out with a real DEM and satellite image as an influence in my opinion.

I like The West Coast and Lone Oak, but the former I could never really get into for some reason. Maybe it is my prejudice that I knew it wasn't real or maybe I got bored of the smaller equipment too soon (I love the small and especially old equipment, but I also enjoy the upgrade path to mid-high size too - it gives a sense of progess). It's obviously a top map and it was hugely popular, but for me it didn't click long term.

Lone Oak isn't a favourite for another reason. It most certainly is a top map (perhaps the top map) and what GIANTS should have looked at for a helper-friendly American map for FS19. I'm just not a fan of the vast fields; I really enjoyed testing it, but that's my limit for such an American map I think. BulletBill's best work by a distance in my opinion - not my favourite, but the best.

I'm not a Frontier Design fanboy, honestly, it just so happens that my favourites are both from Frontier Design. Both CPF and Oakfield I have multiple saves on, going back to FS15 in CPF's case. I'll never get bored and if BulletBill wants to remake it for FS19 or FS2x I'll be all over it again.

I struggled to get into any others really. Gwenddwr felt very good, but appeared too close to the end of FS17 for me. Ballymoon might have sucked me in if Mappers Paradise had fixed some of the bugs, but that's about it really.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 11:29:57 am by this_is_gav » Logged

james 1057
500+
Joined May 2009

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 11:38:10 am »

1, Germantown v1 and v2
2, Hopfach.

Still playing Germantown v2 at the mo, i'm just not sure that me and fs 19 are going to get on, my wheel doesn't work properly and it doesn't recognize half of the button on my control panel.  But 17, I couldn't get into that either, but thanks to 19 I realised what a great game we had and what i'd been missing.  I don't have Hopfach any more, only because Germantown has taken over.
Blue Painted
Veteran
Joined January 2017

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 11:57:25 am »

(big snip)

Obviously the thing that binds them is that they are based on real life areas, which for me is key. Fictional farms rarely draw me as it's nearly impossible to ever make them feel real. Even fictional maps should start out with a real DEM and satellite image as an influence in my opinion.

None of the fictional UK/Irish maps quite feel right to me and I don't quite know why. With the Polish and American maps it matters less but even so there's something about a real-world location that makes it work.

I struggled to get into any others really. Gwenddwr felt very good, but appeared too close to the end of FS17 for me.

I savaged Gwenddyr in GE ... took out all the refill points on the farms, added a plant to make TMR from hay, straw and silage, put a fuel supply in the shop and had two weeks away from my PC to plan and scheme how I was going to play it.

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
Nikos72
Joined December 2018

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:34:43 pm »

Oakfield just has everything.

I agree, Oakfield does have everything. The only reason I ranked it in second position is because Valley Old Farm and Old Streams remind me of the area I lived my childhood (west Greece despite they are central European maps). Since a map is detailed and realistic giving the agricultural area feeling, I look for an enterable farm house. Just a bit of role play returning home after a day in the field or the stable. Lone Oak could be a favourite map for me but I don't like huge fields and I miss more life in the map, a town with some pedestrians maybe. As about the Abandoned Forest, it is a weird story. Not being a great fan of logging I cannot play much but I keep returning. I guess it's the challenge of the "road" and taming of the land.
Farmer Frank 03
Regular
Joined February 2018

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 01:57:48 pm »

1) Oakfield
2) Coldborough
3) Gwenddwr
4) West Coast
5) Shamrock Valley

Oakfield, the first save game I started on my PC and with all realisum mods, it was AMAZING and looking forward to its return in FS 19.

Coldorough, the frst map I played when I first bought FS 17 on Xbox 1, it was fantastic but it was back in the day when seasons was yet to be released on PC let alone console. Before the release of 19, BB had announced he would be converting it but I haven't heard anything since but I would love to know.

Gwenddwr, the map i played all summer long, with classic machinery out of the outstanding 'modern classics' DLC. I've heard rumours of its return and i will definatly be re-visiting it.

The West Coast, a map that i wated patiently for on my Xbox, which i aso played with seasons, as it was around the time seasons were released.  I am fairly sure that it it is not returning.

Shamrock Valley, this was a great map that just came to late in FS 17 for me,which meant i never got stuck in, but if we meet in FS 19, i will definatly try again.
john6430
Regular
Joined August 2018
John deere 6430

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:03 pm »

1) The west coast
2) Coldborough park farm
3) Oakfield farm
4) Goldcrest valley
5) Old slovenian farm

Nothing runs like a deere
MountainFarmer
Regular
Joined December 2017

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 07:59:40 pm »

1. No Creek
2. Altenstein
3. Dolno Slaska Wies
4. Broxton
5. Selby
Yelibam
MVP
Joined November 2009

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 08:09:26 pm »

• 1)  The West Coast
  • 2)  Oakfield
  • 3)  Lone Oak
  • 4)  Glenddwr
  • 5)  Black Mountain, Montana

Runner up: Dutch Polder!

Never had a chance to look at Shamrock Valley unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:29:44 pm by Yelibam » Logged
JamesDore
Veteran
Joined September 2017

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 08:20:24 pm »

1) Oakfield
2) The West Coast
3) Lone Oak
overchord
Joined June 2011

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 08:33:21 pm »

1) West Coast
2) Lone Oak
3) South Mountain Creamery Farm
4) Lawfolds

snapper
MVP
Joined April 2010

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 08:35:24 pm »

1) Coldborough Park
2) Ballymoon
3) Hillside V2
4) Shamrock Valley
5) Oakfield
soapyjames
Joined May 2016

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 09:01:04 pm »

1) Coldborough Park Farm
2) Glenddwr
was very close between them.
Both were amazing and have put more time into these than I'm proud to admit
JDB14
American Patriot
MVP
Joined August 2011
FD Tester; Proud to be Deaf.

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 09:06:40 pm »

1.) Lone Oak
2.) The West Coast
3.) Sandy Bay
4.) Black Mountain, Montana
5.) Oakfield

(notice most of them are in Frontier Design? Hehe)

Runner-Up: No Creeks

I've invested the majority of FS17 in Lone Oak, and The West Coast. The rest I've done odd times with.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page