FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Issue about Mac Problems

Seen 181 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
ukzxcv
Joined January 2019

« on: January 07, 2019, 09:24:27 am »

Hi there , I’m Jimmy. does anyone use Mac for FS17?
I realise Mac isn't good for FS17, in fact i think FS15 is better graphically which is depressing.
But of late i find not only are graphics poor, i.e. you can't sit in the cab without being inside the A1, no mirrors etc etc, but the game keeps crashing.....i've made sure no other maps are ticked, deleted loads of mods, etc etc and yet it still crashes.
Is there something anyone can suggest, as i'm frankly getting to the end of my tether, and might just give up
My Mac isn't exactly old, its running 3.5ghz intel core 15 - its got a AMD Radeon graphic card - so should be more than sufficient
I'm something of a technophobe, but i would really appreciate any advice, as i love this game but i just can't believe its so rubbish....
Pleased to hear any thoughts
ยูฟ่าเบท
Norfolk farmer
Joined August 2018

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:22:54 am »

I use a Mac which is about 18 months old and off the top of my head the specs look close to yours and have had only the occasional crash in several hundred hours of play, I think that may just be down to a rouge mod or another issue in my case. I run on medium custom settings with a few tweeks. If I remember when I get home this evening I will post what my exact spec is and also the settings I am using.
BFG
Forum Shepherd
MVP
Joined August 2009

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:24:51 am »

Hey Jimmy,

So there is nothing wrong with running FS17 on a mac, i have done so quite happily for a long time and with a lot of mods.

Firstly there are a few things to cover - what exactly is the spec of your machine? If you go to top left under the apple menu and select 'about this mac' and let us know what it is (ie a imac or laptop?) which graphics card it is, what version of OS your running etc etc)

Secondly - you mentioned you have deleted 'loads of mods' but have you deleted everything? If your going to isolate the issue you need to be running a completely clean 'vanilla' installation of the game with NO mods.

Cheers
B

"engage brain before operating keyboard" | Mr chuckles the nipple monkey
Norfolk farmer
Joined August 2018

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 10:58:05 am »

Hey Jimmy,

So there is nothing wrong with running FS17 on a mac, i have done so quite happily for a long time and with a lot of mods.

Firstly there are a few things to cover - what exactly is the spec of your machine? If you go to top left under the apple menu and select 'about this mac' and let us know what it is (ie a imac or laptop?) which graphics card it is, what version of OS your running etc etc)

Secondly - you mentioned you have deleted 'loads of mods' but have you deleted everything? If your going to isolate the issue you need to be running a completely clean 'vanilla' installation of the game with NO mods.

Cheers
B

Are you running 19 if so how are you finding it ? I have not retried lately as when I tried it upon release I could not get the controllers which I run with 17 to function. I know the patches have been released and I wondered if they work or not.
Weitars
Joined January 2019

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 10:33:39 am »

We want to say that your information is a good thing for us because it makes it possible to receive various information. Many and very useful to others
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page