Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

General Question Re Seasons And Rewards

Seen 1025 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« on: December 06, 2018, 08:25:14 am »

Decided to start farming on a new map (Baltic Coast) which looks quite nice and also attempt my first foray into using Seasons. Playing my "short" game on startup and doing missions to build up a bit more cash, I noticed the reward for these seemed vastly reduced. 20 minutes ploughing a field only got me about 1200 and no bonus. On other maps without Seasons that would have been around 8000 and a 700 or so bonus. Not that I mind as it's a more realistic reward and guess it encourages you to focus on your own fields first rather than others and if I want quick cash I should hunt out the gold nuggets. The advantage of the Baltic map in that respect is that you are taking on a fairly well equipped farm including 2 out of 3 of the animals already up and running, so cash maybe not so much of an issue.

I'm quite looking forward to working the land in Seasons too, once the mod is available for FS19 is probably when I'll rebuy it.

Class 37's Also Make Good Tractors
theSeb
Area Moderator
Joined September 2012

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 09:01:55 am »

Yeah we nerfed the mission rewards in Seasons. Maybe too much thinking back now in terms of the entire game economy.

The mission system in 19 is vastly improved over 17 btw

536561736f6e732031393a20636f6d696e67207768656e206974e2809973207265616479
OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:08:34 am »

Thanks Seb. As I said it is a tad more realistic than getting what IRL would probably amount to 30% of a farmer's annual income for 20 minutes work. Baltic Sea keeps you busy anyway as there are over 10 fields already owned, a challenge to keep all those running in Seasons even at 1x speed I imagine. Baltic has actually become my separate favourite map after Oakfield, as I said if/when both those and Seasons are ready for '19 I will jump back in!

OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:37 am »

If I could just bump this with a couple of further questions, re Seasons and Animals.

Having started a new play through of Oakfield there is zero straw or hay in storage so I am unable to do anything with cows or pigs until the first grass can be tedded and the first crop allows me to collect some straw. Also can't do sheep until at least Day 4 or 5 (it seems) as you can't get grass clippings until then. There is no way I can see to buy hay or straw bales so I'm guessing I'm stuck for getting animals started up until the season has progressed significantly, if not Year 2?

I also have some confusion as to how I store grass for winter fodder... Do I just dump the raw grass in a silo or does it need to be baled up similar to hay or straw? Having looked through the various help files it seems in Seasons, not feeding your animals can actually have fatal consequences unlike in vanilla where they simply stop producing their end product.

Norfolk farmer
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:37:53 am »

Grass bales will rot regardless of wether stored undercover so will need to be hay or if you want grass you can store it in the forage and chips silo mod. As to buying bale if you are on pc there is a buy bales mod available ( may be on console as well )
I maybe wrong but I believe you only need straw for the animals to produce manure, it may also lower productivity without it but no worse than that ( I stand to be corrected)
OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 05:55:44 pm »

So basically what we are saying then, is that with Seasons in operation and without any other mods, it is going to be pretty much impossible to keep sheep alive not only during the 9 "days" of winter, but in the shoulders either side when you can't cut fresh grass to replenish their trough? Cows and pigs are not so much an issue as you can just buy pig food at the store and cows will get by on silage and hay.

BulletBill1983
Joined January 1970

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 05:59:15 pm »

So basically what we are saying then, is that with Seasons in operation and without any other mods, it is going to be pretty much impossible to keep sheep alive not only during the 9 "days" of winter, but in the shoulders either side when you can't cut fresh grass to replenish their trough? Cows and pigs are not so much an issue as you can just buy pig food at the store and cows will get by on silage and hay.

You can feed sheep hay over the winter to keep them alive. Then grass in the spring/summer.
OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2019, 06:38:27 pm »

Thanks, Bill!

wezza
Regular
Joined August 2012

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2019, 07:53:56 pm »

Try this

http://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=gb&mod_id=82830

Blue Painted
Veteran
Joined January 2017

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 08:51:31 am »

The way I do it is ...

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=us&mod_id=77817&title=fs2017

... to get enough bales to see me through to harvest, and ...

https://www.fs-uk.com/fs-mods/view/39589

... for the summer (so sheep and cattle feed themselves)

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
OldVern
Regular
Joined August 2018

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 08:26:38 am »

I downloaded the purchase bales mod and it works a treat. They are a tad pricey, at least for silage, but at least allow me to get animals up and running. Not sure why FS17 (or presumably FS19) didn't have bale purchase as part of the core game mechanic. Then again if not playing with Seasons, you can cut grass straight away and you usually have a standing crop ready to collect the swathe for your straw needs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page