FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

[Support] Fast Forward 6K

Seen 448 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Kerbo
Joined August 2017

« on: December 04, 2018, 10:33:57 pm »

This is an automatically generated support topic for the mod 'Fast Forward 6K' - Click here to view

If you need help using this mod, please reply to this topic.

Kerbo on Twitch and YouTube
LS09God
500+
Joined August 2009
May the Geforce by with you, my apprentice...

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 12:19:58 pm »

My crops won't grow if I fast forward through time. Any idea?
Been forwarding 5 game days with growth on fast, nothing happens.

Edit: How on earth is this marked as perfect? Functionality is untested.  Huh
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 12:25:34 pm by LS09God » Logged

Fiber connection.
LS08; LS09; FS11_Platinum;
FS 13, Titanium Addon, Ursus Addon, Marshall DLC, FC FDLC, Väderstad DLC, Lindner DLC
FS 15 Gold , ITRunner DLC, JCB DLC, NH DLC, NH Loader, HOLMER DLC
FS 17, a great leap forwards...
aklein
Regular
Joined December 2016

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 02:00:25 pm »

Worked fine for me.  Fast forwarded a few hours on a save game and saw crops transition during the fast forward.  As a frame of reference I have it set for slow growth on my system.

I would suggest taking all mods out of the mod folder (do not just deactivate move them out) and have just this mod in the mod folder.  activate a new save game and see if growth occurs.
Kerbo
Joined August 2017

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 03:13:17 pm »

My crops won't grow if I fast forward through time. Any idea?
Been forwarding 5 game days with growth on fast, nothing happens.

The mod works fine for me and others. If you forward a lot of time the game engine can take a while to catch up. I wouldn't recommend forwarding more than a day without waiting a bit to let the game catch up.

EDIT: Doing some more testing on a save I was able to get this to sometimes fail making crops grow. If you're having issues with crop growth try fast forwarding to 8pm and then using farm house to sleep through the night. This seems to call some sync functions. Once scripting reference is out I'll make sure this mod does the same.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:25:00 pm by Kerbo » Logged

Kerbo on Twitch and YouTube
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016
Knowledge is the spice of life.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 07:51:41 pm »

Do you mean the mod that Kerbo spent his free time to make and then his generosity to release for all to use, the mod I tested with my free time so it can be released for all to enjoy??

Im sorry if you think that the test team are not doing a good job or not testing to your standard!!
Im glad you know exactly what I tested on this mod, maybe you can give it a test and let Kerbo know what he needs to fix!!

Don't follow me I'm lost.
Totenfarmer
500+
Joined May 2011

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:13 pm »

Do you mean the mod that Kerbo spent his free time to make and then his generosity to release for all to use, the mod I tested with my free time so it can be released for all to enjoy??

Im sorry if you think that the test team are not doing a good job or not testing to your standard!!
Im glad you know exactly what I tested on this mod, maybe you can give it a test and let Kerbo know what he needs to fix!!

Kerbo already stated in the mod description this mod is not functioning as he intended... he also stated what would be fixed when Giants gave access to the script documentation..
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 08:34:18 pm »

Yes I know but there is a correct way to ask for help or advise of a problem and there is the incorrect way of doing so, which is rude, unappreciative and arrogant!

Reinouir
Regular
Joined March 2016

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 08:36:08 pm »

I’m sorry if this offends anyone but when you post a mod with a review of perfect and then defects are found, you’re bound to get negative comments.
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 08:44:02 pm »

Maybe so but it is the way that it is done.
People need to understand that FS modding is done for free, for enjoyment and everyone has a different level and skill set.
It is extremely annoying and rude when someone uploads a mod that they have made for free, for enjoyment to have review of this is rubbish as a comment.
It is extremely rude and annoying when the test team test something and it may not work for some but works for others so the unhappy chappies decide to leave a comment like -- How on earth is this marked as perfect? Functionality is untested. --

Maybe a better way would be to appreciate the fact that people have spent free time and effort to bring this mod to all you chappies and maybe just maybe a little touch of appreciation or helpful comments into what the problem may be.. 

theSeb
Realismus Modding
Joined September 2012

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:56:41 pm »

Considering how base game growth worked in previous versions of FS, it does not surprise me that some growth events are being skipped and there is no way to sync and I suspect it will be the same in 19. If growth does not have time to complete before the next growth happens the engine just skips it. This game really does not like being fast forwarded.

Basically what I am saying is that it's unlikely that this mod will ever work "perfectly". I would maybe halve the timeScale, but there could still be issues. The mod is as perfect as it could be within the FS engine.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:58:38 pm by theSeb » Logged

536561736f6e732031393a20636f6d696e67207768656e206974e2809973207265616479
tuzlo
500+
Joined December 2011

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 10:29:25 pm »

I don't see anything wrong with the original assessment. If the Mod tester does not test all aspects of a mod then it should not be perfect.
jgregg624
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined September 2010
I'm just gonna leave this here...

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 11:40:41 pm »

When we test a mod uploaded to the site we have a guide as such which we follow, some of the things during the test and how the mod is marked over all is mainly down to the tester and what they want to mark it down as.

The guidelines for us all only covers basic things such as are the credits correct, is their permission to upload, does the mod do as described in the description does it work as described in game and without doing anything t that would render the game unplayable or generate errors in the log.

Personally if it says on the description there is X problem with the mod it would then be tested but with this issue kept in mind, any issues picked up in test which the thesternisnunsure about is then discussed by the test team and staff, we all have our own little area of the game some of us know more than than others and we can assess a mod better as a team than as an individual.

I myself haven’t downloaded this mod to see how it functions in game but something basic like a script if it’s foes as said in he description in this case “fast forward time by 6000x amount or however much it’s suposed to” then if it does that and the description states that what it does that’s it’s intended use though with the following issues then what more can you ask of the mod? As the Seb says it’s working as well as it can do with the current game engine, yes it would be nice if it could grow crops and that would be very uself. So Long as you sleep in the house at night thst shluld update/re sync the games files to alllow crops to grow.

We’re only human in the test team and we do make mistake, I’ve made my share of them but we learn from them and most of the time the mistakes are picked up on before they get released thansk to the helpful and friendlenes of other team members and staff, I’m not saying a mistake as such has been made here but maybe what goes on in the mod test is a bit distant from regular members and as mod testers we should maybe try and do more to advertise what we actually do during mod tests and bownexactly each mod is tested, though keeping in mind there is only 24h in a day and we all have real lives to attend to as well.

Mobias
Veteran
Joined September 2017

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 08:56:12 am »

I've downloaded and used this mod. Its a good developer tools mod for allowing you to see your WIP map in various lighting conditions at different times of day. Maybe thats what its best used for.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:01:14 am by Mobias » Logged
Totenfarmer
500+
Joined May 2011

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2018, 03:07:23 pm »

I've downloaded and used this mod. Its a good developer tools mod for allowing you to see your WIP map in various lighting conditions at different times of day. Maybe thats what its best used for.
Actually there was a fast forward mod for the previous games, all the way from FS13 I think, that worked very well.
As "theSeb" said, the game will have problems with syncing, so I never used the fast forward mod without "growth control" and eventually "seasons", I found it to function very well with both.
As I am also sure this mod will once the script documentation is released and the mod is tweaked, I won't rate it until then because I believe this mod will be great once it's fully done.. I know I could need a fast forward mod as I tend to use very long growth cycles and a mod like this lets me fast forward when I need to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page