FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Iron tracks

Seen 420 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Yurii
Joined December 2018

« on: December 03, 2018, 03:32:38 pm »

Hi dural and others. What do you think about the slippage parameter of tractors with iron tracks?
Perhaps this parameter should be better than that of tractors with rubber tracks.
How to properly adjust the tractor in this case?

PS: I apologize for my English, I write with the help of Google translator.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 03:38:04 pm by Yurii » Logged
Yurii
Joined December 2018

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 06:15:56 pm »

https://youtu.be/sDJthxt_VzY
Yurii
Joined December 2018

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 06:38:57 pm »

https://youtu.be/RkslLs7JRzM
Reinouir
Regular
Joined March 2016

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 07:57:57 pm »

You can see the wheels Information in the wheelsOverwriting lua file. It references an xml file that has all the traction values for the wheel types.  Dural made a few that are not the standard type. The tire type of “chains” may be something you could use and modify the values in the wheels xml file to your liking?
Yurii
Joined December 2018

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 02:48:25 pm »

You can see the wheels Information in the wheelsOverwriting lua file. It references an xml file that has all the traction values for the wheel types.  Dural made a few that are not the standard type. The tire type of “chains” may be something you could use and modify the values in the wheels xml file to your liking?
You want to say that there are already given values for this type of propulsion?
I have not seen such tractors adapted for MR, and you?
It seems to me that the slippage parameter will be there as for rubber tracks, but there must be another.
Reinouir
Regular
Joined March 2016

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 03:01:55 pm »

Well, nothing for iron tracks specifically but you could use another tire type such as the “chains” tire type. Or you could create your own. If you made your own you would have to incorporate it into the proper lua script. I think it would be much easier to use an existing tire type.
Yurii
Joined December 2018

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 03:47:18 pm »

I think I understood. Do you suggest using parameters like for this forest machine?
Dural provided for a similar scenario?
Interestingly, not engaged in logging in the game, you need to check this machine ..
webalizer
Area Moderator
Joined August 2013

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 04:51:16 pm »

This is not tested but i would try this way:

in FS17_moreRealistic/data/TyresFrictionAndRrTable.xml you can copy an entire block (i.e "crawler"), give it a new name (i.e. "my_crawler) and change the values like you want.

Then in the mr-xml of your vehicle change tireType="crawler" to tireType="my_crawler"
Reinouir
Regular
Joined March 2016

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 06:11:55 pm »

That’s a good start webalizer, I think you’ll also need an if statement in the lua file that will read that new table input you added in the xml.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page