FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

GE8 for FS19 Creating buyable land

Seen 3292 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Danf05
500+
Joined June 2009

« on: November 28, 2018, 01:46:40 am »

Hi Guys,

So after 2 days of research and many hours trying to roughly translate French and Russian based youtubers i come cap in hand asking for help.

I'm reasonably capable map modding wise and working on a fs19 creation but for the love of me cannot figure out how to create fields or make them buyable, can someone point me in the correct direction please? also is making land and creating fields one process now?

thanks in advance,

Dan

wiseguy49
Regular
Joined February 2018

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 02:07:20 am »

The process of painting and creating a field is mostly the same from FS17 -> FS19. You need to use the terrain foliage paint mode and paint with 'TerrainDetail' to make the field. If you look on youtube you should be able to find tutorials on creating fields and field definitions. I think shywizzard has some? The part that is different is you don't have individual buy triggers anymore for each field. Instead you want to use the infoLayer paint mode and use 'farmlands' to paint your farmlands.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 04:06:18 am »

Hi, when you paint the farmland info layer, the Info Channel is a binary number that matches the decimal number for the farmland id="#" in the file mapDE_farmlands.xml or mapUS_farmlands.xml.  Those files are in the same folder as map01.i3d.

Danf05
500+
Joined June 2009

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:03:12 pm »

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated. Can i just ask one follow up question Hoot, so when i paint the "farmland" how do i get it to distinguish between different parcels as at the moment i have it just lumping all painted land into one section that is buyable? Thanks

Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 01:01:59 am »

Thanks for your help guys, appreciated. Can i just ask one follow up question Hoot, so when i paint the "farmland" how do i get it to distinguish between different parcels as at the moment i have it just lumping all painted land into one section that is buyable? Thanks
Hi, in Info Layer Painting check in the boxes by Info Channels to distinguish between parcels.  The parcel selected by those channels will be shown in white when you are in Terrain info layer paint mode.  They correspond to id="#" in the farmalands xml file.  You can change the price scale and owner in that file.
The channels are the bits in a binary number and when they are checked that bit is 1 (0 when not checked). 
https://www.modding-welt.com/forum/thread/17384-giants-editor-8-0-0-bits-f%C3%BCr-die-farmlands-xml/

wiseguy49
Regular
Joined February 2018

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 02:59:16 am »

I can add also, something that I read on one of the German forums - if you are painting the farmlands and you forget which is which, simply be in the infoLayer paint mode on farmlands and hover over the area with your mouse and press CONTROL + R. That will automatically switch the bits to that particular layer.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 03:04:35 am »

I can add also, something that I read on one of the German forums - if you are painting the farmlands and you forget which is which, simply be in the infoLayer paint mode on farmlands and hover over the area with your mouse and press CONTROL + R. That will automatically switch the bits to that particular layer.
That's awesome.  I was wondering if there was some trick to that.  Thanks wIseguy49.

Edit: Below is a screenshot from the editor of a Ravenport mod map.  I am in info layer paint mode with farmland info layer selected.  I hovered the mouse over big field in the center of the 3D viewport and pressed ctrl+R.  That set info channels 0,1,2.  Those bits selected correspond to id="7" which is this line in mapUS_farmlands.xml:
Code:
<farmland id="7"  priceScale="1"    npcName="NPC_US_08" />
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:43:08 am by Hoot » Logged

BrettS
Joined June 2017

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 07:18:22 am »

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone who posted help in this thread, I too was having issues working this out and came here to see if there was any info and a few minutes reading and problems solved. Much appreciated.
Tommx55
Im too lazy to be lazy, but I'm also a hero
3000+
Joined August 2011
A quickie is good but a telehandler is better.. :D

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 11:30:29 am »

Another thing to note is make sure the whole map is covered, dont leave any parts of the map without farmland otherwise it will throw up an error, so each farmland channel must be touching across the whole map.

Oddbob
Formally y2jericho
Veteran
Joined August 2011

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 08:51:36 am »

That's awesome.  I was wondering if there was some trick to that.  Thanks wIseguy49.

Edit: Below is a screenshot from the editor of a Ravenport mod map.  I am in info layer paint mode with farmland info layer selected.  I hovered the mouse over big field in the center of the 3D viewport and pressed ctrl+R.  That set info channels 0,1,2.  Those bits selected correspond to id="7" which is this line in mapUS_farmlands.xml:
Code:
<farmland id="7"  priceScale="1"    npcName="NPC_US_08" />
Quoted Image - Click to view

So I added, defaultFarmProperty="true" /> to the fields I wanted, and then tried to follow the painting of the fields properly, but in game all the fields that are set to be mine or owned it says you don't own this land.  Admittedly I am a little confused by the new painting field setup.  For Field 19, for example on Ravenport map, I painted with 0, 1, 4, which I thought was what I was supposed to be painting it, but to no avail. Any help?
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 01:19:42 am »

So I added, defaultFarmProperty="true" /> to the fields I wanted, and then tried to follow the painting of the fields properly, but in game all the fields that are set to be mine or owned it says you don't own this land.  Admittedly I am a little confused by the new painting field setup.  For Field 19, for example on Ravenport map, I painted with 0, 1, 4, which I thought was what I was supposed to be painting it, but to no avail. Any help?
Hi, field 19 on Ravenport is in farmland id="38" which are channels 1,2,5.  Use control+R to determine the channels in the editor.

Oddbob
Formally y2jericho
Veteran
Joined August 2011

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 01:28:44 am »

Hi, field 19 on Ravenport is in farmland id="38" which are channels 1,2,5.  Use control+R to determine the channels in the editor.

I painted that whole section of farmland with 1,2,5 and I get the same don't have access to this land message.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 01:43:14 am »

I painted that whole section of farmland with 1,2,5 and I get the same don't have access to this land message.
Did you start a new career?  Or do you own that land in your current career's savegame farmland.xml file?
Code:
<farmland id="38" farmId="1"/>

Oddbob
Formally y2jericho
Veteran
Joined August 2011

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 03:24:06 am »

Did you start a new career?  Or do you own that land in your current career's savegame farmland.xml file?
Code:
<farmland id="38" farmId="1"/>

It was a new save game.
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 03:44:36 am »

It was a new save game.
Please provide more detail with your posts.  Was it a new savegame on your mod map of Ravenport.  Did you use career mode "New Farmer"?  Does the escape menu map overview lands screen show that you own the land?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page