Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Graphics issue

Seen 3041 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
stdape
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2019, 11:37:36 pm »

Whereabouts is the 6 pin socket? On the Card. Best way of telling is to look at a manual for the card. Find out what it does, could be power, sli, or for something else. Usually if on back of card, would be a power socket. But you will need a bigger power supply, if only 300watt.
What make and graphic card is it?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 11:41:41 pm by stdape » Logged
HitLog
Joined November 2018

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2019, 12:37:39 pm »

So I found the lead with 4 pins which is plugged to the motherboard, however the only port I have on the graphics cards is for a 6 pin plug??

Paul, this image shows your card:

On the right you can see the connector block.  Check all the cables from your power supply to see if you have a connector for it.  If not then you need a converter.  Something like this will work: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Z9CC98A
Blue Painted
Veteran
Joined January 2017

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 01:42:05 pm »

I've got one of those and one of these ...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EUSZ0BQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

... either or both free to a good home if you are in the UK.

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
paulw91
500+
Joined December 2009

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2019, 04:47:34 pm »

I’ve looked at my power supply and I don’t appear to have a 6 pin plug, I only have a 4 pin plug. Looking at the converters mentioned I have two separate white female plugs coming from power supply that look like they would suit those converters. One adapter has 4 cables running into it, whilst the other has eight in total
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 05:39:32 pm »

I’ve looked at my power supply and I don’t appear to have a 6 pin plug, I only have a 4 pin plug. Looking at the converters mentioned I have two separate white female plugs coming from power supply that look like they would suit those converters. One adapter has 4 cables running into it, whilst the other has eight in total

You will need an adapter most likely.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:51:53 pm by Mod Addict » Logged

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 260 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:11 pm »

Something like this if I am picturing what you are saying correctly.

Sorry I didn't notice HitLog post a pic of this already haha

* PCIe connector 2.jpg (12.58 KB, 640x480 - viewed 23 times.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 05:57:18 pm by Mod Addict » Logged

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 260 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
paulw91
500+
Joined December 2009

« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2019, 07:01:55 pm »

It would make sense that I would need an adapter. Obviously the black 6 pin plug will connect to the card, would it matter which of the two female plugs I have coming from my power supply should I connect to the other end of the adapter?
ccs101
FS-UK Mod Tester
Forum Team
Joined September 2012
The detail guy...

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2019, 07:51:55 pm »

It would make sense that I would need an adapter. Obviously the black 6 pin plug will connect to the card, would it matter which of the two female plugs I have coming from my power supply should I connect to the other end of the adapter?
no, as they both attach to the same point inside on the power supply circuit board... so, whichever one you want will be fine Smiley

paulw91
500+
Joined December 2009

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2019, 05:09:41 pm »

So, I’ve got the graphics card connected now to the power supply via the use of an adapater and all fits ok.
 I now have a power issue which I think was mentioned could cause an issue. When I hit the power button on the tower it’s starts up briefly for 2 seconds then cuts out. Would this mean the power supply too needs upgrading?
stdape
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2019, 07:51:12 pm »

Hard to say but you definitely need to upgrade your power supply. I gather if you unplug, the adapter Computer goes fine
paulw91
500+
Joined December 2009

« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2019, 01:46:30 pm »

No unfortunately, even with the adapter/new graphics card unplugged the computer still doesn’t fire up properly, will this still be a power supply issue?? I’ll try installing the old graphics card to see if that makes a difference as I haven’t touched anything else.

Any recommendations as to where I may find an alternative power supply?
madnat
Joined January 2019

« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2019, 06:30:53 pm »

you said you have a four pin plug on your power supply is they a plug on you mother board that this needs to go to try have a look at that its ner the cpu socket on left side just above cpu see if cable is in there
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:37:55 pm by madnat » Logged
HitLog
Joined November 2018

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2019, 06:58:56 pm »

Paul, Are there any beeps?  Like one long three short for example?

Also, before spending more money there are a few simple things to do:

Firstly, unplug the monitor cable and try to boot.  You are looking to see if it switches off shortly after power on.
Next, pull the ram out and use a pencil eraser on the copper contacts.  This is just to remove any oxidisation, not rub them thinner!
Next, and this is a little trickier, find the power button wire.  Follow it back to the motherboard, note down it's location and disconnect it.  Then simply short the pins with a screwdriver, removing it as soon as the fans start.  This is to eliminate a faulty power button. 
Finally, try tapping the bios key [F2 on yours I think] when powering on.

Additionally some Acers have a hidden recovery activated by holding Alt-F10 and powering on.  I've only used it once and it wiped everything.  Not really an acceptable fix imo.
stdape
Veteran
Joined August 2016

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2019, 07:26:23 pm »

Obviously remove new card well testing if you have not. And as said any Beeps?. New power supply will be needed, but you need to get Computer Running First.
Also make sure you have no CD in drive, as have seen this cause booting problems in some machines. Or Temporarily disconnect the CD/ DVD drive.
Power Supplies you can get any Compter Shop, Amazon, E-Bay etc. Get at least a 500w one.
But keep us updated, with developments first. Before any purchases.
paulw91
500+
Joined December 2009

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2019, 07:05:10 pm »

you said you have a four pin plug on your power supply is they a plug on you mother board that this needs to go to try have a look at that its ner the cpu socket on left side just above cpu see if cable is in there

Hi, so I don’t remember ever disconnecting this four pin plug from the motherboard, reconnected it and now everything seems to be working. I’ve even managed to lad fs19 and all appears to be working! Thanks everyone for your contributed help👍
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page