Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Announcement: Forum Management

Seen 6853 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
danishtramp
Regular
Joined January 2010

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 06:09:16 pm »

Thanks for all your work and input over the years, all the best and hope you get some relax time, I for one will miss your presence on this forum
Yelibam
MVP
Joined November 2009

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 06:32:30 pm »

Thanks everybody, I appreciate your kind comments.
robbie
RWModding
Joined August 2011
It only takes 1 person to help hundreds.

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 08:01:06 pm »

So I have missed this and TBH didn't find it a shock to hear, as I now how much you have been mentioning becoming more involved with families needs, I personally can see a lot more well know names drop out of the farming sim we once knew, but I can also understand why, this game and community isn't the the first stop area anymore, well especially for me. I used to log in here and banter all night to some great people about the upcoming and already gamed version of farming sim, Hell I think I have spent 10-15% of my life in this forum, and don't regret any of it. However as you are also taking a back seat, along with many that have done previous. I can see a massive decline in the forum as a whole.

You and the other staff on FS-UK along with Russ and Olii, have also been a big part in my 10-15 % life also, and you have made a great contribution to the forum as a manager and also a friend.

There is nothing negative about this post, and hope FS-UK has some decent life in it yet, but it's such a shame how things turn out sometimes, but like TSM also mentioned, nothing ever lasts forever, and the years gone by will always stay with us no matter what, but the only thing left for me to really say is.

A MASSIVE thank you from me, and I suppose the majority of FS-UK for doing what you done best, and hope you stay safe also in the future to come.

Thank you from me and good luck to what ever is around the corner.

JDB14
American Patriot
MVP
Joined August 2011
FD Tester; Proud to be Deaf.

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 04:48:46 am »

Sad to see a great staff fella going, but it’ll be for the best reasons. Wishing you best of the best for everything, Yeli. Stay in touch, and hope to see you around here and in Discord. I’m always a message away if you need me. Smiley

UncleJune
Regular
Joined August 2016

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 07:20:23 am »

As a regular lurker and general observer, thank you for your time and efforts to keep this site running along.  I’ve gotten a lot of enjoyment and help here as I’m sure many others have, both those prominent members and the ones in the shadows.  Thanks again, best wishes!
Zorrowman
Regular
Joined May 2013

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 10:02:38 am »

Thanks Yelibam for all your work on the forum, always the voice of reason!

If the tractor in front,
Hasn't got enough grunt,
Give it a shunt!
milpol
MVP
Joined January 2012
RSend Software, we create mods with Blender.

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 11:27:05 am »

All the best Yelibam time to stop and smell those roses and have some quality time.
MrJokee
Veteran
Joined January 2018

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 07:34:18 pm »

All the best Yelibam time to stop and smell those roses and have some quality time.

Unless you have allergies! In which case, don't smell those roses! Cheesy No seriously though, get well soon mate, and sorry about your family member.
jgregg624
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined September 2010
I'm just gonna leave this here...

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2019, 10:30:55 pm »

Sad to see you go yeli but I wish you all the best in the future! Have you really been in charge for 4 years!? Your promotion to form manager still only seems like yesterday 😂
Who’s captain of the crazy ship now? They have big boots to fill!

robbie
RWModding
Joined August 2011

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2019, 12:33:24 pm »

Yeah big boots to fill indeed, Maybe Russ will step back in but I am sure he has a lot on his plate also, Time for people to apply and see what Yelibam has had to achieve being a manager. Way too much for me as I personally don't have the time or the energy, but I am sure there is a decent candidate out there to try and do as great a job as Yeli anyways. Good luck either way for who is going to fill them boots.

Russ
Admin
Joined March 2009

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:35 pm »

Yeah big boots to fill indeed, Maybe Russ will step back in but I am sure he has a lot on his plate also, Time for people to apply and see what Yelibam has had to achieve being a manager. Way too much for me as I personally don't have the time or the energy, but I am sure there is a decent candidate out there to try and do as great a job as Yeli anyways. Good luck either way for who is going to fill them boots.
Well, it's a difficult one. I've been chatting with Oli and we don't think we'll have a new forum manager. When you look at the number of visitors (and therefore amount of work/responsibilities) versus 2013 era, coupled with the fact that Oli is a bit more active now, it's barely worth the effort to train a new forum manager.

We're chatting a lot about the future and what FS-UK might look like in the future. There's no getting away from the fact that forums aren't popular any more. FS-UK just about breaks even, which isn't a great position to be in. Anyway, we'll let everyone know what the plan is when we have one.

Want to chat about Farming Simulator? Join our Discord
TSM
Formerly 'Tycoonspaceman'
1000+
Joined June 2013
"Trust yourself. You know more than you think"

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2019, 10:53:22 am »

@Russ I think this place still has a long life ahead of it, for me I still say this is best resource for getting help and forum has lot of good people on staff and in its member ranks.

I personally consider quite a few on here as friends Cheesy . never met them though they could be bots!

In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.

"by John Churton Collins"
robbie
RWModding
Joined August 2011

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2019, 01:21:11 pm »

@Russ I think this place still has a long life ahead of it, for me I still say this is best resource for getting help and forum has lot of good people on staff and in its member ranks.

I personally consider quite a few on here as friends Cheesy . never met them though they could be bots!

I am a Robot, I watch TV every night @ 9.00pm on the dot. I always have a whole lot of nothing to say and my spelling is cruel.

Only joking I am only half Robot, but echo what you said TSM. I also think this place has a lot of time left in it, but let's not lie to ourselves, that the demise of the amount of people, that showed their names around here on a Friday and Saturday ? Actually almost every night, back in the day, And TBH it was just started around the release of Giants ModHub, and not Blaming the Modhub for the lack of members active on here, just some people use a different source for banter and also move away from the game.

I myself don't see myself on here as much as I used to, usually log in to have a quick look on the forum to see if I could help anyone with issues, and then check my pm's and reply back to any I receive, but when I was a mod I would have came in from work, switched on FS-UK and it would have been on all night as another open screen, while I done other things also.

The fact that Giants gives out a little tiny coin to the modeller for their work, has taken a good portion of people away from the sites they grew up to know, not saying they have all became a member of Giants forum and all, they just create their models in their own space, have a little banter on the likes of Discord or facebook, and then off to ModHub the model goes. I feel that is how everyone works now, and a shame for the likes of FS-UK, who have been hear through a lot of stuff, but still kept their forum going no matter what.

There is only so much you can do, and when I think back all those years of logging in, and the friends I have made along the way, Not too many enemies (thank god) I thank FS-UK Staff and Russ and Oli, for keeping this site going and making this a decent place for people to meet, and also share what knowledge they know about the game or even real life issues.

May FS-UK live for a good few years to come I say.

JohnDeere1952
1000+
Joined March 2012
A little kindness goes a long way.

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2019, 01:35:05 pm »

I am in the same boat as robbie and TSM. I have learned a lot on FS-Uk over the years and made a few friends also. Very few forums left around where you can get help with map and mod issues.
 There are getting too be too many sites with unauthorized mods and no support or camaraderie such as you will find here  and on AEM.
 Many thanks for what Russ and Ollie and the staff has done over the years , and hopefully many more to come.

AEM Moderator
milpol
MVP
Joined January 2012
RSend Software, we create mods with Blender.

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2019, 09:43:02 pm »

I to would not like to see this forum close but at the same time there is an economic limit to the cost of running it. I think also that the younger generation are a different fish and can feel they have better control and instant gratification on portals like fake book and Twitter etc but that is more of an evolution of the inter web. Giants Modhub whilst attractive but I would doubt that any remuneration is substantial to earn an income has minimal impact. This forum is a lot more social and helpful than some others I have browsed through. The biggest downfall I can see which has been a bane of websites and software developers for many many years is the pirating of in this case, mods that would normally send traffic to this site but nowadays within hours a published mod is hosted on upto 12 sites that are not directing any traffic this way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page