FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Variable max. speed when using "Flow" controlled vehicles. Finding max speed?

Seen 475 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Volitan01
Joined December 2016

« on: October 03, 2018, 07:20:29 pm »

Hi all just wanted to say I have been using MR for a couple of months and enjoy it immensely!

I understand that when using a forage wagon (for example) the max speed of the tractor is dictated by the amount and type of  product being collected, makes total sense. However I was wondering if there is anyway to find the "magic max" speed to keep the tractor going as fast as possible without bogging down (to simulate the clearing the excess of product). What I'm mean is there some sort of "product flow meter" (or a way to see the instant amount of product being collected) to indicate when you are pushing the max. speed of the implement and it's ability to pick up the product?

I know with FS15 (just before FS17 came out) there were some combines that had flow meters that would indicate how much product was being harvested and would simulate a "jam" in the harvester if you tried to continue too fast i.e. cutting too much product.

I know that with fairly good size straw windrows I can collect at approx. 10kph but it would be interesting to be able to see a dynamic/ instantaneous  representation of the per cent of max load or flow that the forage wagon is capable of picking up.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks again for a great mod!
Rob

EDIT: Here is a clip of the combine I was mentioning above... hopefully. https://youtu.be/bWhYxFJVd10?t=1041
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 07:50:50 pm by Volitan01 » Logged
muzzwuzz
500+
Joined November 2013

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 04:33:53 am »

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this forage wagon shows the percentage of maximum load, and it jams if you drive too fast.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.php?lang=en&country=us&mod_id=50217&title=fs2017
Volitan01
Joined December 2016

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 01:56:35 pm »

Thanks muzzwuzz I'll definitely have to check out that wagon, looks neat that the "cutting knives" appear to wear out and need replacement periodically.

I was looking at some indicator or indication for all types (balers, mowers, windrowers etc.) of implements that are affected by the "MR" mod in terms of the more product being processed the slower the implement operates.

I guess another way to explain it is maybe the amount of working load on the PTO shaft and an indication of that.

Much like the fuel flow indicator represents how hard the engine is working but have something to show how hard the PTO is working?

I figure there must be some sort of value calculated as if you go too fast then the machine "bogs" down in speed until it gets caught up and then will speed up again.  It would be a matter of showing that value if possible??

Sorry I'm not good with script's, mods or else I would try to add an indicator to the MR display maybe between the tire slip and fuel flow numbers.

Thanks again for the link, downloading now.

Cheers
Rob
Mogli12
Regular
Joined April 2013

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 02:19:32 pm »

Hi,

I think for combines, balers and forageWagons moreRealistic calculates a speed limit. There is no display for it. So I guess you can always try to go full speed and moreRealistic will automatically reduce the speed.

Regards,
Stefan
yumi
Regular
Joined May 2012

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 06:37:44 pm »

Hello,
Have you tried already to display debug and see if you cannot find a load value or something like that ?
I'm pretty sure MR script knows exactly how much material is processed and this affects the required power so the speed when there is not enough power to keep accelerating.
There is no maximum speed in MR except max speed defined in the tool itself I think

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Mogli12
Regular
Joined April 2013

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 07:51:21 am »

Hi Yumi,
There is a speedLimit in OverrideBaler.lua, OverrideCombine.lua and OverrideForageWagon.lua.
Regards,
Stefan
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 12:13:32 pm »

debug mode allows us to see all this data (by selecting the tractor or the forage harvester)
it only works when playing in SP (singleplayer)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page