Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

FS19?

Seen 16100 times - 0 Members and 4 Guests are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
snapper
MVP
Joined April 2010

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2019, 04:05:49 pm »

And don't forget : MR is not licenced. Everything is in "clear text". No file is protected or compiled.

Not sure what you mean by break through, but if you mean share it / open source it, I believe he indicated a willingness to do this in the first page of this thread (see quote above from his post). 
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 04:24:47 pm »

I would love to see MR in 19 but I completely respect Dural and understand his choices. As snapper pointed out the community is free to convert it over as long as proper credit is given. But the scope of tasks required to do so isn't a quick or easy thing. And the seasons staff at RSM have enough going on with trying to bring us seasons. I am not saying someone in our community may not try or succeed but if so it will take time. Dural spent countless hours to bring MR originally and while we have the base script the amount of info needed to convert it properly is huge.

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 260 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
marlowc
1000+
Joined October 2015
Red ones go faster

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 05:46:31 pm »

I would love to see MR in 19 but I completely respect Dural and understand his choices. As snapper pointed out the community is free to convert it over as long as proper credit is given. But the scope of tasks required to do so isn't a quick or easy thing.

Maybe it would be feasible to do MR in stages? The part I really miss is the way vehicles would drift slightly when steering across the field - they didn't feel like they were on rails as they do in the standard game.
I use the Filltype Mass Adjust mod off modhub, and this adds quite a bit of realism. Frankly, I'd rather not have some of the other features of MR, such as combines only doing 3 mph - that's a bit too authentic for me  Undecided
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:24 am »

Maybe it would be feasible to do MR in stages? The part I really miss is the way vehicles would drift slightly when steering across the field - they didn't feel like they were on rails as they do in the standard game.
I use the Filltype Mass Adjust mod off modhub, and this adds quite a bit of realism. Frankly, I'd rather not have some of the other features of MR, such as combines only doing 3 mph - that's a bit too authentic for me  Undecided

It could be done in stages but that would require more work cause then we are talking about dissecting the script. Then taking the pieces that would be wanted/used and putting them all together and converting that. And all this while taking into account for any changes in physics and game mechanics that was added to 19 cause as Yumi pointed out some things were indeed added/improved on. No matter how we look at it this is a rather large undertaking. And I also use the filltype mass adjustment mod to give me just a little more separation from the arcade style.

I may take a look at MR myself and see what I can do but I too have a job and family so I can't say for sure. Course I will speak with Dural first to get his permission out of respect. 

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 260 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
yumi
Veteran
Joined May 2012

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2019, 04:42:50 pm »

- power consumed seems to be improved for harvester:
  - Cutter + threshing system consumes power
  - cutting half cutter width consumes less power than full cutter width
Hello MR lovers,

I'm starting to have a look on how mr could be ported to FS19 and I'm a bit lost.
I clearly remember having written this (above) and tested at the very beginning of FS19 release.
Today I did similar test and I clearly see that combine consumes very low power and not depending on the input material.
I've not really played the game out of testing my mods so it might be a regression introduced by some Giants patch.
It's sad that we are not going on the right way here.
Any similar thoughts?

Has someone else tried to improve the game physics ?

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Now on FS19
sozzy1976
Regular
Joined August 2012
AJR Contracting Team Member

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2019, 02:46:09 am »

It could be done in stages but that would require more work cause then we are talking about dissecting the script. Then taking the pieces that would be wanted/used and putting them all together and converting that. And all this while taking into account for any changes in physics and game mechanics that was added to 19 cause as Yumi pointed out some things were indeed added/improved on. No matter how we look at it this is a rather large undertaking. And I also use the filltype mass adjustment mod to give me just a little more separation from the arcade style.

I may take a look at MR myself and see what I can do but I too have a job and family so I can't say for sure. Course I will speak with Dural first to get his permission out of respect. 

Hi Mod Addict

Have you managed to have a look at converting MR to FS19??
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2019, 05:06:27 am »

Hi Mod Addict

Have you managed to have a look at converting MR to FS19??

I have taken a look at it but sadly it will require more time and effort then I have at the moment to devote to it. For anyone that hasn't torn apart the data in the MR mod it is not a small amount. When Dural said he spent over 10000 hours on it that was no exaggeration and to try and convert all that over to 19 would possibly take the same amount of time. At this point it might be better for us to try and look at making something new for 19 using what has already been marginally improved upon by Giants.

Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2019, 05:11:57 am »

Hello MR lovers,

I'm starting to have a look on how mr could be ported to FS19 and I'm a bit lost.
I clearly remember having written this (above) and tested at the very beginning of FS19 release.
Today I did similar test and I clearly see that combine consumes very low power and not depending on the input material.
I've not really played the game out of testing my mods so it might be a regression introduced by some Giants patch.
It's sad that we are not going on the right way here.
Any similar thoughts?

Has someone else tried to improve the game physics ?

I have taken various stabs at trying this in small amounts in various xml adjustments but have not found good results. I noticed that with the realistic mass adjustment mod the Man trucks frame sways like a boat in a sea storm under load. I have attempted to counter this with spring and dampener adjustments in its xml but have yet to find a way to counter this.

Olliebob
Veteran
Joined September 2014

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2019, 09:04:41 am »

giants should have gave Dural an offer he couldn’t refuse, I can’t play fs19 at all for the fact it’s not MR, in my eyes Dural should have been knighted haha!!
yumi
Veteran
Joined May 2012

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2019, 09:52:03 am »

Since my last post I tried several things. I see some better but also some issues.
What I did until now is to try to convert and add code after code from FS17 version.
What is working:
 - using alternative XML file instead of default ones for standard vehicles and mods
 - I then reported changes made by Dural for some vehicles that are both in FS17 and FS19
Playing with mass, COG and few other changes seems to make already a difference but sometimes gives weird behavior like bouncing vehicles.
I also tried to convert code related to wheels and friction since I have the feeling that this is the important part in the field. Problem is that I have some icing behavior on the road that can kill the gameplay. Difficult thing I think would be to use improvement made by Giants in this part and keep feeling from MR
I can share what I've done if someone is interested but it's really far from releasing something.

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Now on FS19
storthoaks
Regular
Joined July 2011
Born and bred in NZ, go the krone!

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2019, 11:44:09 pm »

Since my last post I tried several things. I see some better but also some issues.
What I did until now is to try to convert and add code after code from FS17 version.
What is working:
 - using alternative XML file instead of default ones for standard vehicles and mods
 - I then reported changes made by Dural for some vehicles that are both in FS17 and FS19
Playing with mass, COG and few other changes seems to make already a difference but sometimes gives weird behavior like bouncing vehicles.
I also tried to convert code related to wheels and friction since I have the feeling that this is the important part in the field. Problem is that I have some icing behavior on the road that can kill the gameplay. Difficult thing I think would be to use improvement made by Giants in this part and keep feeling from MR
I can share what I've done if someone is interested but it's really far from releasing something.
Love hearing your updates. Its exciting to see modders share what they are dealing with. The modding community in my eyes is dying. Keep up the good work yumi Smiley
legors
Joined October 2011

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2019, 06:50:05 pm »

Same here! good work Yumi I hope to see it MR in the future.  I really ate fs19 arcade physics! I invited a farmer near me to try fs19 on my computer, and
fs17 durals MR on a random map in the uk. Then he simulated it with his tractor, trailer, and other tools etc. He drove the combine on his field. What we found was MR was almost real.  Fs19 is so false when comes tractors and combines and tools. He went on to say combining at 6mph is madness. MR was 3 to 4 mph is ok! If any of my staff drove my combine like that of fs19 they would be looking for a new job!!  5 mph around the yard, on the field 10 mph max. On the open road as set 20 mph upto 30 mph. This farmer was a great help it took us about day and half for tests. Ps I hope this helps in the development MR19.
yumi
Veteran
Joined May 2012

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2019, 08:11:50 pm »

Same here! good work Yumi I hope to see it MR in the future.  I really ate fs19 arcade physics! I invited a farmer near me to try fs19 on my computer, and
fs17 durals MR on a random map in the uk. Then he simulated it with his tractor, trailer, and other tools etc. He drove the combine on his field. What we found was MR was almost real.  Fs19 is so false when comes tractors and combines and tools. He went on to say combining at 6mph is madness. MR was 3 to 4 mph is ok! If any of my staff drove my combine like that of fs19 they would be looking for a new job!!  5 mph around the yard, on the field 10 mph max. On the open road as set 20 mph upto 30 mph. This farmer was a great help it took us about day and half for tests. Ps I hope this helps in the development MR19.
What really bothers me with default game engine is that you're always limited by tools speed limit when working. So if cutter is max speed 10kph, you will harvest at 10kph all the time even with hilly terrain, with full cutter or just cutting 1 meter width.
You never reach the machine limits by using coherent tools.
Fortunately a good part of the vehicles are common between both game and it's easier to compare. But it takes a loooot of time and I'm certainly not as good as Dural for this.

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Now on FS19
Cerben
Regular
Joined September 2013

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2019, 08:09:50 pm »

well Dural is a God in this whit scripts and getting it to work. i remember back in FS13 when it was fully working and alot of the mods wher posted on fs-uk for mr and i cold have an load of bales on an flatbed whit out straps and they stayed there even if i was going down hill and the load was pushing that traktor faster then it was intended and plowing was fun and i cold drive an kombine just cose it was so fun. =)

to many hours on Belgique profonde v2 ;-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page