FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

FS19?

Seen 13023 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
snapper
MVP
Joined April 2010

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2019, 04:05:49 pm »

And don't forget : MR is not licenced. Everything is in "clear text". No file is protected or compiled.

Not sure what you mean by break through, but if you mean share it / open source it, I believe he indicated a willingness to do this in the first page of this thread (see quote above from his post). 
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2019, 04:24:47 pm »

I would love to see MR in 19 but I completely respect Dural and understand his choices. As snapper pointed out the community is free to convert it over as long as proper credit is given. But the scope of tasks required to do so isn't a quick or easy thing. And the seasons staff at RSM have enough going on with trying to bring us seasons. I am not saying someone in our community may not try or succeed but if so it will take time. Dural spent countless hours to bring MR originally and while we have the base script the amount of info needed to convert it properly is huge.

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 240 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
marlowc
1000+
Joined October 2015
Red ones go faster

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2019, 05:46:31 pm »

I would love to see MR in 19 but I completely respect Dural and understand his choices. As snapper pointed out the community is free to convert it over as long as proper credit is given. But the scope of tasks required to do so isn't a quick or easy thing.

Maybe it would be feasible to do MR in stages? The part I really miss is the way vehicles would drift slightly when steering across the field - they didn't feel like they were on rails as they do in the standard game.
I use the Filltype Mass Adjust mod off modhub, and this adds quite a bit of realism. Frankly, I'd rather not have some of the other features of MR, such as combines only doing 3 mph - that's a bit too authentic for me  Undecided
Mod Addict
MVP
Joined August 2012
Virtue mine honour

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2019, 12:22:24 am »

Maybe it would be feasible to do MR in stages? The part I really miss is the way vehicles would drift slightly when steering across the field - they didn't feel like they were on rails as they do in the standard game.
I use the Filltype Mass Adjust mod off modhub, and this adds quite a bit of realism. Frankly, I'd rather not have some of the other features of MR, such as combines only doing 3 mph - that's a bit too authentic for me  Undecided

It could be done in stages but that would require more work cause then we are talking about dissecting the script. Then taking the pieces that would be wanted/used and putting them all together and converting that. And all this while taking into account for any changes in physics and game mechanics that was added to 19 cause as Yumi pointed out some things were indeed added/improved on. No matter how we look at it this is a rather large undertaking. And I also use the filltype mass adjustment mod to give me just a little more separation from the arcade style.

I may take a look at MR myself and see what I can do but I too have a job and family so I can't say for sure. Course I will speak with Dural first to get his permission out of respect. 

Over a 1000 mods collected and counting...had to start over for 19 so now 240 mods and counting. And can help test if wanted/needed.
yumi
Veteran
Joined May 2012

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2019, 04:42:50 pm »

- power consumed seems to be improved for harvester:
  - Cutter + threshing system consumes power
  - cutting half cutter width consumes less power than full cutter width
Hello MR lovers,

I'm starting to have a look on how mr could be ported to FS19 and I'm a bit lost.
I clearly remember having written this (above) and tested at the very beginning of FS19 release.
Today I did similar test and I clearly see that combine consumes very low power and not depending on the input material.
I've not really played the game out of testing my mods so it might be a regression introduced by some Giants patch.
It's sad that we are not going on the right way here.
Any similar thoughts?

Has someone else tried to improve the game physics ?

moreRealistic fan !
FS17 mr on Lossberg map.
Give a try to ContractorMod!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page