FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

FS19?

Seen 1611 times - 0 Members and 3 Guests are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Vorden
Regular
Joined November 2016
Farm Sim Veteran

« on: August 23, 2018, 03:56:22 pm »

Hey dural,

I'm looking forward to FS19 but at the same time I am dreading having to deal with the arcade like physics.  Just out of curiosity, what's your outlook on FS19?  Will you try your mod on it soon after release or wait a bit?  and assuming the game programming is similar to FS17, how long would you estimate the conversion would take? 

Love the mod and your dedication to it is nothing short of amazing!

Alagos
Regular
Joined September 2013

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 06:43:35 pm »

If dural bothers to make this mod for FS19, and this depends on the amount of free time he has and the amount of people interested in this mod, it will take months before we will see it.

Read the information posts about the amount of time he invests and has invested in this mod.
doc3d
500+
Joined August 2013

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 04:51:03 am »

The paypal donation is still active as far as i know, I’m sure a surge there when the time comes would help Dural see how much we appreciate his excellent work. It’s not often I promote paying for mods, MR is the exception.

That said, Dural has previously said he would look at FS19 when it comes out “if necessary” -his words. That might have changed, of course, but I have faith we’ll have mr eventually. But like Alagos said, it will probably be months after release
james 1057
500+
Joined May 2009

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 06:42:36 am »

Wow, so paying for mods is okay as long as it benefits you.  I thought everyone on this site was totally against paying for mods, which is some of the reason a lot of the good mods sites can't be mentioned, because of the links they have that give them a few pennies or whatever for using the upload site.  Now, we are actively encouraging it.   
this_is_gav
Assistant Manager
Joined December 2010

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 06:47:48 am »

Wow, so paying for mods is okay as long as it benefits you.  I thought everyone on this site was totally against paying for mods, which is some of the reason a lot of the good mods sites can't be mentioned, because of the links they have that give them a few pennies or whatever for using the upload site.  Now, we are actively encouraging it.    

Paying for mods is not allowed here (or anywhere else for that matter as it's against GIANTs ToS).

Donating money to a modder because you appreciate their work is perfectly fine though, so long as that mod isn't behind a paywall.

james 1057
500+
Joined May 2009

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 07:07:56 am »

Donating money because you appreciate a modders work is that not essentially paying for a mod, that mod is the reason why you are "donating" money to that person.  It would almost be like me saying, I don't pay for my shopping at Tesco, I donate money to them, because I appreciate their food.
Blue Painted
Regular
Joined January 2017

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 07:21:30 am »

@James
If you get apples from Tesco you have to pay to take them away, there is no choice.

If you get apples from a roadside"help yourself" box you can choose to leave some money.

The choice is the difference.

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
this_is_gav
Assistant Manager
Joined December 2010

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 07:25:28 am »

Donating money because you appreciate a modders work is that not essentially paying for a mod, that mod is the reason why you are "donating" money to that person.  It would almost be like me saying, I don't pay for my shopping at Tesco, I donate money to them, because I appreciate their food.

Well if you can pay Tesco an amount that you want (or nothing at all), not the amount they want, the comparison would be closer.

But paying for mods would mean payment is required to download the mod. That is strictly forbidden. Donating is entirely optional.

I donated to BulletBill a couple of years ago because I'd spent an inordinate amount of time on Coldborough Park Farm, and I wanted to give him something back for such a great effort. In a round-about kind of way that led to me ending up as one of the testers for The West Coast, Oakfield Farm and Lone Oak Farm.

Modders can get some rewards for mods downloaded through GIANTS ModHub, but I believe they can also choose for that reward to be given to charity too.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:28:47 am by this_is_gav » Logged

linnearad
Regular
Joined February 2011

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 09:09:48 am »

Donation are per definition a gift (this is also the legal definition). The person reciving the donation has no obligation against the persons giving the donations. If I donate money to Dural - he has no obligation to create "mr" for FS19. If I pay Tesco for ten apples - they have the obligation to give me 10 apples. If the apples are rotten they have to pay me back.
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 04:32:26 pm »

hello everyone,

as I said previously somewhere in the hundred posts here, I got a job previously this year.
And so, since the end of march, I am working at full time for a company (a bunch of IT, network, software and so = all around guy to manage the computer science things in a small company)
I also kept my own small business (fixing computers / helping people with computers)
Which means my free time is really small per week.
Before, I could work on FS while mending/watching after "broken" computers in my lab
But now, I am out the whole day and do what I can to help my former customers the evening and the week-end.

So, in short : there is no chance I can make a MR19 as "fast" as I did for FS17 (maybe I will not have time to look at it at all)

As far as donating is concerned : I think this is great, for a modder to get some donation after releasing its work, by people enjoying its work. But this is in no way "mandatory". This is not a product to be sold.
But, I don't think this is a good idea to pay in "advance" or in "hope" of another version (MR19 for example)
For me = I would feel obliged to make it, which would make me unhappy if I can't do it
For people who donate = they will expect something (maybe more than I can provide, maybe faster that I can provide) 

If some of you made a donation for MR19 and feel they need a "refund", feel free to ask me on the same email address as my paypal account. I will get them back their money without asking anything. (just write the date and time and amount of the donation, this will be easy for me to retrieve it back, just a few lines)
no harm

And don't forget : MR is not licenced. Everything is in "clear text". No file is protected or compiled.
dominiczeth
Regular
Joined March 2010

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 05:05:03 pm »

And don't forget : MR is not licenced. Everything is in "clear text". No file is protected or compiled.

Just to be clear: you don't have anything against it when someone uses your code for MR19? Overall it's your mod.
It's not at me anyway it's too much in depth scripting for me Smiley

And I understand your reasons and also appreciate your work for fs17. Thank you!
kahfs
Joined August 2016

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2018, 12:57:12 pm »

hello everyone,

as I said previously somewhere in the hundred posts here, I got a job previously this year.
And so, since the end of march, I am working at full time for a company (a bunch of IT, network, software and so = all around guy to manage the computer science things in a small company)
I also kept my own small business (fixing computers / helping people with computers)
Which means my free time is really small per week.
Before, I could work on FS while mending/watching after "broken" computers in my lab
But now, I am out the whole day and do what I can to help my former customers the evening and the week-end.

So, in short : there is no chance I can make a MR19 as "fast" as I did for FS17 (maybe I will not have time to look at it at all)

Dural, the effort and time put into MR must have been enormous. So with a full time job, it is clear that MR would have to get lower priority. To me, MR has two equally important components, the vehicle physics and the game parameter control (e.g. crop density, yield, prices, etc.). I'm guessing that the time to update vehicle physics for FS19 is much greater than to refit the game parameter control. So I would like to ask you to consider, if, at least, the game parameter control part of MR perhaps could find its way into FS19.

The game parameter control part of MR serves a similar purpose as some components of the Seasons mod, e.g. the part controlling animal parameters. Would it be a crazy idea to work toward a merger of the two mods? Seen from my perspective, the perfect place to enter animal and crop parameters would be in the Season GEO mods. This way, animal feed ingredients, crop yield and crop prices could be made to depend on the geographic location of the maps. Just a thought.
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 05:30:36 pm »

Seen from my perspective, the perfect place to enter animal and crop parameters would be in the Season GEO mods. This way, animal feed ingredients, crop yield and crop prices could be made to depend on the geographic location of the maps. Just a thought.
100% agree with that.
Prices mean nothing without taking into account all the other parameters.
And yields can be really really different depending on the location/farm system.
The base game should provide a way to get different settings depending on the map location.
Dogface
Veteran
Joined January 2017
FS17 on PC

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 06:27:30 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page