FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

[Support] Letton Farm

Seen 3490 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Louis7810
Formerly 'Louis8327'
Regular
Joined May 2017
Passionate for Mapping

« on: August 03, 2018, 06:54:43 pm »

This is an automatically generated support topic for the mod 'Letton Farm' - Click here to view

If you need help using this mod, please reply to this topic.

Ptink73
Joined March 2016

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:57:42 pm »

Hi In field 8 there's a big hole not sure if its been a pond? but there's no water plain.
Chickensguys
Joined November 2013

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:46:44 pm »

Is there any mod requirements or any incompatibilities for this map? mine wont run.
tony_6930
Joined August 2016

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 09:51:51 pm »

amazing map thankyou very much. ive been looking forward to this .
Chickensguys
Joined November 2013

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:14:34 pm »

Is there any mod requirements or any incompatibilities for this map? mine wont run.
It would seem Lower animal prices mod is incompatible.
adde1977
Joined July 2017

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 12:44:48 am »

First,thank u for this wonderful little map,it looks amazing.

Next i would just like to give u a suggestion if u are thinking of updating the map.It would be really nice with the grazing animals mod/script.Sence it is made to play with seasons, the grazing animals really helps during gameplay and adds to the realistic feel of maps with seasons support.
Its just a suggestion but it works well on the map,i have put it in and it works nicely.Sry for my bad english

Thank u again.
GlengarBoy
Formerly 'IrishFarmer93'
Joined December 2016

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 01:28:27 am »

Hey Louis,

Very nicely detailed small map. Will definitely be starting a savegame on the map Smiley. Walking around the map i have spotted a few small issues, nothing major, see below:

A good few of the gates collisions are not sized correctly when the gate is open, they seem to be fine when the gate is closed
- Gate at Letton Dairy opposite entrance with grain bins
- Gate entering the yard with the grain bins from the road
- Gate at Entrance to Field 7
- Gate at Entrance to Field 13
- Gate at Entrance to Field 8/14 from Road
- Gate opposite the Entrance to Field 8/14 from Road
- Gate at Entrance to Field 9
- Gate between Field 1 & 5
- Gate between Field 4 & 11

- There is no collision on the house at the chicken yard or the house at the sheep farm
- There is a big deep hole in field 8, which possibly was meant to be a pond but the water plane is missing?
- There is a floating ring feeder at Aulden Barn, see attached image
- The map icon and map description in the modDesc are still set to the starter map values, not sure if this was by choice, just said i would mention it
- FPS is not too bad on the map however i think it could be improved if you tweaked some of the clip distances on some of the buildings, currently no matter where you are on the map you can pretty much see the whole map

Edit: I should also add that there is a mod conflict with the "Lower Animal Prices" mod and the map due to the map having no pigs. Might be worth adding this to the description of the map as a known mod conflict Wink

Have not started playing on the map yet so dont know if there are any issues with triggers or animals etc. I will report back if i find any more issues.

* ring_feeder.jpg (1495.72 KB, 3393x1537 - viewed 65 times.)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:33:46 am by GlengarBoy » Logged
FID
Joined January 2018

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:53 am »

Great little map for smaller machines for a first map its impressive , raise the terrain here and there slightly to make the machines work harder and maybe a little mud not overkill and i'll be a fan 4 life lol  Grin
Louis7810
Formerly 'Louis8327'
Regular
Joined May 2017
Passionate for Mapping

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2018, 09:33:00 am »

Hi all,
The hole in field 8 somehow happend when flattening out a bump, i will fix in the update.
Yes it appears Lower animal prices mod has a conflict, this is due to not having Pigs, i was not aware that a Lower Animal Prices mod was available.
I could add the Grazing Mod in the update, i will look into it.
As for gate collisions i tried to resize the collisions but had issues, i will find a way around this in the update, the houses are meant to have collisions on, i'm not sure why these reset. I manually set the clip distances so that main objects are visible from 500m, and smaller details 100m.
Thankyou for reporting the issues all, i will get a update out asap.

Flyfisher23
Joined July 2018

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2018, 10:50:35 am »

Help needed...........

I just downloaded this map and started it up to play it but it was very laggy, I closed the game down and rebooted it but still the same.
I have tried other maps and there working fine......anyone any ideas please???
Looks a great map and hopefully will be a great map to play if someone can help lol
thanks in advance
this_is_gav
MVP
Joined December 2010

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 11:04:45 am »

Help needed...........

I just downloaded this map and started it up to play it but it was very laggy, I closed the game down and rebooted it but still the same.
I have tried other maps and there working fine......anyone any ideas please???
Looks a great map and hopefully will be a great map to play if someone can help lol
thanks in advance

Lag (stuttering) is the shader cache recalculating. Emptying the shader cache can help (delete the contents of your Documents > My Games> FarmingSimulator2017> shader_cache directory) and it will rebuild the next time you load a map (doesn't usually need doing, but occasionally it does help - seems less of an issue with recent updates to the game, but seemed to be much more frequent with FS15).

Frames per seconds issues on the other hand are just performance and the only option is to lower your graphics settings (or edit the map to decrease clip distances).

asn54
Joined May 2015

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 11:55:36 am »

I have played a little bit on this beautiful small map and for me it works fine. Some issues have already been reported above and there is no need to repeat them. I did find something that may be intentional or a mistake. There is no entry to field no 2 other than driving through fields 7, 5 and 1. The two latter have different owners that may disagree driving through their fields :-)
leg_iron
Regular
Joined September 2009

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2018, 09:46:23 am »

The map works ok for me.  Though I have noticed that in field 4 there is wheat growing around the edge of the field that cant be harvested.  Would it be possible to make the gates open wider than 90 degrees, especially the gates into the rear of the main yard by the entrance to field 2.  Its quite hard to get into field 2 using the entrance in the main yard as you have to negotiate your way through the right hand building so that you are facing directly onto the gate into field 2.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:07:59 pm by leg_iron » Logged
JT28
Joined February 2017

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2018, 09:59:30 am »

Letton is definitely one of the better maps out there at the moment. The amount of people complaining of lag is quite interesting as I'm using the same set of mods I'd usually use on a  save game and there's no noticeable dips or changes in map performance.

A few potentially worthwhile adjustments for an update:
- Addition of the GMKFC realistic manure and fertilliser textures.
- Making the silage pit in the main yard narrower, as for the size of the map it's pretty wide!
-Placing dirt tracks to fields that have to be accessed through driving through a roadside field.
-Reduce the clip distance on all buildings as they all don't need to be loaded simultaneously.
- Divide up the larger grass fields with maybe a stream/ open drain or similiar as their "plainess" detracts somewhat from the levels of detail elsewhere on the map.
-Some items do tend to spawn on top of each other occasionally when purchased at the shop.

Keep up the great work!
jwn458
Joined October 2017

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2018, 10:07:28 am »

on letton i tried to hire a worker and the game froze and became unresponsive. i don't know if this is a mod conflict (my fault) or a map error but if you could look into it that would be greatly appreciated. many thanks, Jacob.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page