FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Shamrock Valley W.I.P

Seen 37926 times - 0 Members and 2 Guests are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
doc3d
500+
Joined August 2013

« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2018, 08:31:32 pm »

Good evening, I have discovered something peculiar with the forestry area and was wondering if anyone else had the same issue. Forgive me if it comes across a bit confusing I don't really know how best to describe it.

In my game the trees are a mixture of being rooted correctly (normal) and some appearing to be rooted below the map (odd). I noticed it in two different ways, the first being unable to use the 'mark tree' mod. The second being the tree visibly swaying through the ground. Upon clearing a small area of the forestry area, the stumps of the 'normal' trees act as normal, the stumps of the 'odd' trees moving in the ground as if still swaying and also having branches visible in the ground. Its almost as though I have simply cut the tree off half way up its trunk. Thinking it was just a glitch or some other I closed my game, re-started and still have the same peculiarity. I then tried loading the save with nothing but the base game and map being loaded, to ensure it wasn't a conflict with any of my mods installed and the same result persists with the swaying trees.

Any ideas on what it could be? I ask this loosely as i understand there could be a whole heap of potential causes but I am asking just in case by chance someone else has stumbled across this?

I would guess that maybe OxygenDavid has placed some trees lower than the ground level to vary the size a bit. I know of several mappers that do this to create some diversity in the foliage. Have you tried pulling the map into GE editor and checking that particular area, it should be obvious to see there  if they are placed underground
LiamHugh91
Regular
Joined January 2014

« Reply #241 on: October 29, 2018, 05:47:49 am »

In the cow shed, what gate do you open to blow straw for bedding?
JTorme
Joined January 2018

« Reply #242 on: October 29, 2018, 07:16:47 am »

I would guess that maybe OxygenDavid has placed some trees lower than the ground level to vary the size a bit. I know of several mappers that do this to create some diversity in the foliage. Have you tried pulling the map into GE editor and checking that particular area, it should be obvious to see there  if they are placed underground

Ahh that makes sense, ill look into that after work, thankyou very much!!
JTorme
Joined January 2018

« Reply #243 on: October 29, 2018, 07:17:58 am »

In the cow shed, what gate do you open to blow straw for bedding?

Im not entirely sure where the trigger for blowing straw is but i do know putting a straw bale directly into the feed trough from the field end works.
CaraML59
Regular
Joined January 2018

« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2018, 06:04:49 pm »

I know reality is strong in your maps but WOW after seeing a video today from Shamrock Valley with Seasons mod.  

After a couple days of constant rain the river burst it's banks and flooded the fields, road and farm.  It looks amazing!  

If you go looking for the video he titled it 'Disaster strikes!'   With the chickens being lucky so far, the rest of the farm is underwater, machinery, bales and all.

I applaud that you were able to make a map so real that this could happen. Amazing!

EDITED: Removed incorrect name, sorry.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 11:41:19 am by CaraML59 » Logged

Retired, so I have a lot of time to enjoy gaming now, lucky me Smiley
Darthtool
Regular
Joined March 2018

« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2018, 11:12:14 am »

I know reality is strong in your maps but WOW after seeing Daggerwin's video today from Shamrock Valley with Seasons mod. 

After a couple days of constant rain the river burst it's banks and flooded the fields, road and farm.  It looks amazing! 

If you go looking for the video he titled it 'Disaster strikes!'   With the chickens being lucky so far, the rest of the farm is underwater, machinery, bales and all.

I applaud that you were able to make a map so real that this could happen. Amazing!

sounds like you made that all up, no such video exists.
this_is_gav
Assistant Manager
Joined December 2010

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2018, 11:30:29 am »

I assume Cara means this video from SimulationForTheNation: Disaster strikes! | Shamrock Valley by Oxygen David| EP22 | Farming Simulator 17

Darthtool
Regular
Joined March 2018

« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2018, 12:48:37 pm »

I assume Cara means this video from SimulationForTheNation: Disaster strikes! | Shamrock Valley by Oxygen David| EP22 | Farming Simulator 17

different author i see, i am guessing he modified the water height himself for that video.
Blue Painted
Regular
Joined January 2017

« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2018, 01:54:39 pm »

different author i see, i am guessing he modified the water height himself for that video.

That's what I thought he did ... it did look good though. I'm not sure it would work so well on other maps.

Ford tractors, Claas combines and Dowdeswell ploughs!
robbie
RWModding
Joined August 2011
It only takes 1 person to help hundreds.

« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2018, 06:30:26 pm »

Never say never about the water height, as Xentro managed a good few years back with his puddle mod, on a different scale but a little editing could have actually made this happen without the need to take into GE and just raise the water plane or at least import a fake one, Xentro's puddle mod was well designed and mainly used for single lane dirt tracks, and when it rained the dirt tracks would fill of water, and then when the rain stopped a while after they would gradually drain away.

This mod he made was for 2013, so it won't work on today's game but back then! what a nice little feature.

Griphos
Joined June 2014

« Reply #250 on: November 15, 2018, 06:38:56 am »

Such a lovely, lovely map.  I'm having a great time on it.  Thanks so much for making and offering it to the community.

wdpk
Joined December 2018

« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2018, 05:52:22 am »

Just started playing on this map, it's really charming. Is it possible to remove all the gates?
Artix
Formally FeelTheWrath
Joined November 2017
Sppeeedd and powwaaa

« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2018, 08:01:18 am »

Yes just remove them in giants editor

Totally a Profesional modder Wink
wdpk
Joined December 2018

« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2018, 12:00:55 pm »

Yes just remove them in giants editor

Worked perfectly, thanks. Didn't even know the giants editor existed