FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

[FS17] MR - Beta/Release

Seen 95927 times - 0 Members and 5 Guests are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 147
  Print  
SilverNews
Formerly 'Silver.TV'
Regular
Joined March 2015

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 07:52:37 pm »

This sounds fantastic, I'm really looking forward to using this again.  Grin

robbie
RWModding
Joined August 2011
It only takes 1 person to help hundreds.

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 07:56:26 pm »

Hello dural

and also a massive welcome back with MR, had so many happy times splaying 2013 and the difference the mod made to the game. I am not really playing that much these days but wanted to just say really pleased you are giving others, the happiness I had with the game back then ! NOW. I'am sure you have got this working a charm and if not I am sure it won't be long before it's as good as it was back then in 2013.

Awesome news for the community for sure and keep up the awesome work as always

_dj_
MVP
Joined May 2013
SOB modding

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »

Hi Dural, very nice to see that you have been working on a MR version of FS17.

A 1000 thanks for all the work you did on previous versions and I am very excited to see that you decided to do a MR version again.

Do you already know of other scripts that conflict with MR?

for example the "realistic" modules from Giants?

SOB modding  // modding central
redrummed
Regular
Joined March 2012

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2017, 08:17:33 pm »

Mother of god
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2017, 08:21:57 pm »

Hi Dural, very nice to see that you have been working on a MR version of FS17.
Do you already know of other scripts that conflict with MR?
for example the "realistic" modules from Giants?
nope. didn't have a chance to play the game. And I usually play without mods. (except "mr" to make the game playable, of course)
I  even didn't know the 2 default maps because I test all the equipment on an "empty torture map" of my own.
I guess mods which mess with the transmission,  the prices or the fillType/fruittype (like "mr" does) can "conflict"
As usual, MR override a lot of default script, and so this can be a problem with many "script" mod. But most of the time, "mr" vehicles will not benefit from other script mods, that's all.
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2017, 08:23:39 pm »

oh, I forgot : for those who love figures 2 : you can use the "debug" command in the console while ingame (only when playing alone or server-side) to get a lot of information about your tractor (fuel consumption, power, slippage, masses, etc)
_dj_
MVP
Joined May 2013
SOB modding

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2017, 08:43:46 pm »

I use mods like "ForRealModule"crop destruction, Tire dirt and groundresponse.

But if I find anything conflicting I will let you know

SOB modding  // modding central
modelleicher
Regular
Joined July 2010

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2017, 08:47:03 pm »

Hi,

Welcome back dural! Nice to see MR coming back to FS17 Smiley  Good thing I did not continue work on my "realismAddon" a few month ago as I didn't even get past getting the balers to work properly.

I guess I know what I will be playing tomorrow Smiley

Good night..

modelleicher

A hour or minute is just a tiny little part of our whole life, and nonetheless it is the individual moments that make worth living.
beefyman666
Regular
Joined May 2009
Git orf moi laaand!

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2017, 08:52:05 pm »

Fantastic that you are working on MR again Dural.

Not sure if I've missed anything but is there a way to change to the shuttle mode like in FS13 or will I need to use DriveControl for that?

I've had my G27 shifter configured with 3rd for forward and 4th for reverse for quite some time and would love to keep it like that. Surprising how hard it is to get used to the standard controls again. Shift into reverse, give it some throttle and fly forward, damn it!

Thanks in advance.

ccs101
FS-UK Mod Tester
Forum Team
Joined September 2012
The detail guy...

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2017, 09:35:15 pm »

awesome news indeed!  I never got much chance to use MR in 2013 since many of the maps I played on had such unrealistic terrain (MR stuff could not make it up the hills) however, now, my maps are very realistic and this mod will make the game so much better... this plus seasons mod will make it a real "simulator"... your hard work on this is greatly appreciated!  Smiley

Dzi4d3k
MVP
Joined April 2015

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2017, 09:52:07 pm »

Thought I would post this here hope it helps with the develpment:
C:/Users/googleplex2010/Documents/My Games/FarmingSimulator2017/mods/moreRealistic/OverrideAIVehicle.lua:7: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'maxTurningRadius' (a nil value)

There is already support topic for MR17 (if I can call it like this Smiley ):
https://fs-uk.com/forum/index.php?topic=195661.0
lancyboi
Joined January 1970

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2017, 10:29:38 pm »

do i just drag & drop this into my mods folder ??
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2017, 06:19:48 am »

do i just drag & drop this into my mods folder ??
yes sir, just drop the "moreRealistic.zip" in your "mods" folder and you get all the currently converted default machinery to "MR"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:22:09 am by dural » Logged
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2017, 06:43:02 am »

Not sure if I've missed anything but is there a way to change to the shuttle mode like in FS13 or will I need to use DriveControl for that?
I've had my G27 shifter configured with 3rd for forward and 4th for reverse for quite some time and would love to keep it like that. Surprising how hard it is to get used to the standard controls again. Shift into reverse, give it some throttle and fly forward, damn it!
No. the "mr" doesn't mess with the control this time (we already can choose between the "stop & go" or the normal behavior. A shuttle is indeed "required" to play with a wheel/pedal controller. But this can be done with an external mod like the one you are referring. Just try it to see if it works with "mr" vehicles too.

I never got much chance to use MR in 2013 since many of the maps I played on had such unrealistic terrain (MR stuff could not make it up the hills)
Come on, don't say that. MR stuff could make it, but only when using proper tractor and implement combination related to the "unrealistic" slope. (example : 300Hp tractor on 5 furrows plow like in some part of italy. Or 300Hp tractor on 20T 'total mass' trailers like in some sloppy region in france)
anyway, there is now plenty of choice in the default tractor pool to get the job done (especially the larger ones that don't have any implement to calm them down in the base game). But, if you try to drive on a very steep hill with a "non mr" vehicle, you will be surprised how steep a hill they can climb (at a reduce speed of course, but still, they "climb")
also, don't forget that in the base game, fill content has a very reduced weight (just check on the weight station on sonovska map to have a good laught)
ccs101
FS-UK Mod Tester
Forum Team
Joined September 2012
The detail guy...

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2017, 06:52:09 am »

Come on, don't say that. MR stuff could make it, but only when using proper tractor and implement combination related to the "unrealistic" slope. (example : 300Hp tractor on 5 furrows plow like in some part of italy. Or 300Hp tractor on 20T 'total mass' trailers like in some sloppy region in france)
anyway, there is now plenty of choice in the default tractor pool to get the job done (especially the larger ones that don't have any implement to calm them down in the base game). But, if you try to drive on a very steep hill with a "non mr" vehicle, you will be surprised how steep a hill they can climb (at a reduce speed of course, but still, they "climb")
also, don't forget that in the base game, fill content has a very reduced weight (just check on the weight station on sonovska map to have a good laught)
Lol... oh, I was not slighting your awesome mod in any way, it is just that I played some really stupid maps in 2011 and 2013... (many I had in 2011 I had converted to 2013...) such as the old beaver island, basically a rock sticking out of the ocean with 4 small fields on it... some of the slopes on the west side of that rock are more than 45 degrees... lol  Also, one of my favorites at that time was the original volcano island and a little mountain map called "mountain farming" which looked as if it was in the Swiss Alps with the road heading up to the main farm at at least a 45 degree slope... lol  Anyways, I look forward to trying out MR now, my favorite map, Churn Farm is almost ready for upload here and I want to have it as realistic as possible.  It does have very hilly terrain, but, it is like real life instead of like the old 2011 ones I had mentioned... so with MR and also with Seasons mod, I will be ready for real life farming for a change... Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 147
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page