FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Maintenance and repair

Seen 2350 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
reallogger
Area Moderator
Joined October 2014

« on: November 07, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »

Since we get many questions about the repair and maintenance feature, especially on the Giants forum, we wrote a blog post this morning to explain some of the design choices we made early on. Basically some of the reasoning and background. This is well known for many of you since you have been following the development. Smiley But anyhow can be a good read if you're interested:
https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2017/11/07/maintenance-repair.html

marlowc
500+
Joined October 2015
Red ones go faster

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 04:20:21 pm »

Since we get many questions about the repair and maintenance feature, especially on the Giants forum, we wrote a blog post this morning to explain some of the design choices we made early on. Basically some of the reasoning and background. This is well known for many of you since you have been following the development. Smiley But anyhow can be a good read if you're interested:
https://www.realismusmodding.com/blog/2017/11/07/maintenance-repair.html

Many thanks for that, certainly clarified a few useful things for me at least  Smiley.

On a slightly different note - have you considered making repairs take an actual length of time, rather than be instantaneous as they are at the moment?
reallogger
Area Moderator
Joined October 2014

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:45:59 pm »

Many thanks for that, certainly clarified a few useful things for me at least  Smiley.

On a slightly different note - have you considered making repairs take an actual length of time, rather than be instantaneous as they are at the moment?
Yes we considered both that and your vehicle being inaccessible due to ongoing repairs by a mechanic for some time. But still only considerations and ideas. Smiley Time is the main limiting factor.

AkrapovicSBK
Joined June 2016

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:35:29 pm »

Hello guys! I dont know if this is the right place for this but i hope u will forgive me.
We are playing on a dedicated server with patch 1.5.3 using seasons v1.3 and we run into a little problem. We have some tractors that need maintenance but we cant repair them. Any ideeas what could be the problem or how to fix this. Thanks!
I attached a couple of pictures..

PS: The mod is Great!
reallogger
Area Moderator
Joined October 2014

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 08:26:15 am »

Hello guys! I dont know if this is the right place for this but i hope u will forgive me.
We are playing on a dedicated server with patch 1.5.3 using seasons v1.3 and we run into a little problem. We have some tractors that need maintenance but we cant repair them. Any ideeas what could be the problem or how to fix this. Thanks!
I attached a couple of pictures..
PS: The mod is Great!

Thanks. Not so great that there seems to be another bug in the repair code Sad

Can you please send me your careerSavegame.xml and vehicles.xml (for instance on slack) so I can take a look at it?

hameland
Regular
Joined November 2011

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:10 am »

This might be the wrong place for this, but it's related to the change in maintenance. Normally I can take a vehicle or tool to the shop and sell it there (Vanilla will give me an increased sell price of 20 %(?) if I do so). But running ver. 1.3 I'm only able to choose between "customize" or "repair" at the shop. The "Sell" option is no longer available although the increased value of the machine is shown in the menu. Any ideas?
JohnDeere1952
1000+
Joined March 2012
A little kindness goes a long way.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 05:54:07 am »

This might be the wrong place for this, but it's related to the change in maintenance. Normally I can take a vehicle or tool to the shop and sell it there (Vanilla will give me an increased sell price of 20 %(?) if I do so). But running ver. 1.3 I'm only able to choose between "customize" or "repair" at the shop. The "Sell" option is no longer available although the increased value of the machine is shown in the menu. Any ideas?
Try repairing before trying to sell.

AEM Moderator
hameland
Regular
Joined November 2011

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 11:15:13 am »

Try repairing before trying to sell.
That worked like a charm Smiley A bit unlogical though, since I wanted to sell to avoid an upcoming maintenance bill...
JohnDeere1952
1000+
Joined March 2012
A little kindness goes a long way.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 11:49:21 am »

That worked like a charm Smiley A bit unlogical though, since I wanted to sell to avoid an upcoming maintenance bill...
Not logical maybe, but you should get a better trade in or selling  price on better maintained equipment.

AEM Moderator
Ciggy001
Veteran
Joined July 2009

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 04:36:28 am »

Is it possible to change the machine hour counter to follow in game hours and not real time? That way you could set the maintenance interval to something realistic like 250hrs and then every couple of weeks of constant use you'd have to maintain your tractor...

Mönkijämies
Joined January 2017

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 04:59:12 am »

Is it possible to change the machine hour counter to follow in game hours and not real time? That way you could set the maintenance interval to something realistic like 250hrs and then every couple of weeks of constant use you'd have to maintain your tractor...
I'm thinking the same thing. It's not realistic because the hour counter is so slow
Ciggy001
Veteran
Joined July 2009

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 03:39:32 am »

I'm thinking the same thing. It's not realistic because the hour counter is so slow

The game extension mod fixes this, as it counts in game hours as machine operating hours.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page