FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Where is everything?

Ahoy there, guest!

Adjusting Macdon Draper Cutting Height

Seen 712 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
JohnDeere7240
Joined November 2016
View my profile

« on: March 20, 2017, 10:52:06 pm »

Howdy, so I am a player with very little modding experience but I know my way around my computer and files very easily. I am familiar with working with XML files, etc.

Anyways, I have been having trouble with a few combines lately, being compatible with the amazing Macdon Drapers. The affected combines so far being. Claas Lexion, Claas Lexion (USA), John Deere s690i.  It appears the Macdon goes down a bit too low which picks the combine's front wheels up just enough to affect the speed. Bringing 6 mph workspeed to 4 mph or less depending on the terrain.

The solution in my eye is easy but in reality I am not sure how easy it truly is. The feederhouse needs to be adjusted to not go down as low or the Macdon needs to be somehow adjusted to be cutting a bit higher. I have tried to include decent screenshots to help with my problem. As you can hopefully see, one side of the Macdon is "buried" in the ground while the other side is off the ground about 8-12 inches. This also can affect the combine to drag and turn a bit depending on the field.

If anyone can give advise or be willing to work with me, I would truly appreciate it!

* uneven1.png (717.01 KB, 1570x288 - viewed 31 times.)

* uneven2.png (233.14 KB, 900x202 - viewed 27 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:54:22 pm by JohnDeere7240 » Logged
ccs101
FS-UK Mod Tester
MVP
Joined September 2012
The detail guy...
United States United States

View my profile

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 11:25:04 pm »

Howdy, so I am a player with very little modding experience but I know my way around my computer and files very easily. I am familiar with working with XML files, etc.

Anyways, I have been having trouble with a few combines lately, being compatible with the amazing Macdon Drapers. The affected combines so far being. Claas Lexion, Claas Lexion (USA), John Deere s690i.  It appears the Macdon goes down a bit too low which picks the combine's front wheels up just enough to affect the speed. Bringing 6 mph workspeed to 4 mph or less depending on the terrain.

The solution in my eye is easy but in reality I am not sure how easy it truly is. The feederhouse needs to be adjusted to not go down as low or the Macdon needs to be somehow adjusted to be cutting a bit higher. I have tried to include decent screenshots to help with my problem. As you can hopefully see, one side of the Macdon is "buried" in the ground while the other side is off the ground about 8-12 inches. This also can affect the combine to drag and turn a bit depending on the field.

If anyone can give advise or be willing to work with me, I would truly appreciate it!
try the Macdon headers on the default combines first, to see if there is an issue... in my experience so far with the combines you mentioned there (I have all of them) is that they are set up wrong as far as the connection to the header is concerned... on the ones I have, connecting a game header to them causes the header to be out of adjustment... however, could be that the Macdons are that way as well... since I have not used the Macdon header on a machine of mine yet... Smiley
JohnDeere7240
Joined November 2016
View my profile

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 12:19:08 am »

I should of said I have tried the Macdon heads on the vanilla combines with them working 95% of the time unless I was on a major hill. These Macdon headers have worked beautifully as well on smaller Claas and Deere combines. Vanilla heads work fine as well on the modded combines that are having trouble with the Macdon drapers.

So you are saying I am pretty much screwed with not being able to put those headers on the mod combines?
AMG Gaming
1000+
Joined August 2016
I Like Mapping...
United Kingdom United Kingdom

View my profile

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 12:23:55 am »

How big is the header? Maybe it's just too large for the shown combines? Just a suggestion

Celebrating my 1st year on FS-UK...

ccs101
FS-UK Mod Tester
MVP
Joined September 2012
The detail guy...
United States United States

View my profile

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 12:37:42 am »

How big is the header? Maybe it's just too large for the shown combines? Just a suggestion
the combines quoted all either come with 40 foot headers (which the Macdon is) or can work with them, so the Macdon IRL would run just fine on them... Smiley
JohnDeere7240
Joined November 2016
View my profile

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:56:46 am »

I would hope class 9 and 8 combines could run at least a 40ft head! I also tried all 3 sizes with the Claas combines just to see if it would make a difference, which it did not. It is a shame, I really want to use these Macdon drapers.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page