FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Where is everything?

Ahoy there, guest!

L10n errors and keybinding

Seen 2280 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
tsikows
Joined July 2016
United States United States

View my profile

« on: March 06, 2017, 06:18:30 pm »

I've recently started trying my hand at more in depth editing of my mods. Many have functions that I never use or don't know are there. While setting up key bindings, many are not labled very well, so it's hard to figure what control is for what mod(some have no English translation) which makes it even harder.

Now to my question. Some mods have the same basic functions as other vanilla game items ex: crane arms. When I first use one of those mods, the game knows exactly what buttons (axis)  are to be used to move the crane arm without me ever setting key bindings. How could one implement this with all major functions?

To get more specific, a lot of my mods have buttons to turn on the headlights. Many work with the button I have set for lights, but some will not turn on with that button and I have to push the key assigned by the mod creator. How can one get all headlights on all mods to work with one specific button( without having to manually set up the key binding)?
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016
Knowledge is the spice of life.
View my profile

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 08:29:31 pm »

The reason all the in game (vanilla) tractors work the same as in the lights on the same switch is because they are set to the function tractor.
The game will see this and then know what functions do what.
If the mods you have, have there own keybindings then is there a reason for it?
I think you could take  out the l10n and the keybindings so long as it has a function set but only if the mod doesnt need the l10n.
That is just a guess but it might work

Don't follow me I'm lost.
tsikows
Joined July 2016

View my profile

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:13 pm »

Ok I think I'm starting to understand a little better. I looked at a specific mod with buttons for lights (daycab peterbuilt) and I could that it has a couple ines for "light add on" so because this is a special function not used by the game, it must be told keybinding manually?
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016
View my profile

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:55:40 pm »

Yes because if it was linked to the lights the day cab lights would come on inside when you turn the headlights on
The ingame models dont have in cab lighting so it must have its own l10n and keybinding.

Edit
I didnt read the post properly.
Yes the key binding is there because it has extra lighting that has been added to work on a different binding.
You should be able to put it on the normal lighting switch but it would mean they all come on together.
The mod author might have wanted those lights to work separate from the rest.

Out of interest what l10n error is it showing?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:06:36 pm by Willbobber » Logged

tsikows
Joined July 2016

View my profile

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:59:03 pm »

I guess I'm just collecting general info more or less. I don't recall the exact error code but I'll post some tonight when I get home. Weird thing is most of the mods showing a missing L10n error still function as expected.

One that I couldn't get working was the AR truck timber runner. It also had an auto load script which drops frame rates to 1 fps when turned on so I just junked that one.
Willbobber
FS-UK Mod Tester
Contributor
Joined February 2016
View my profile

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 08:04:35 pm »

The missing l10n error is telling you that it is missing from the modDesc thats all. It will still work, to get rid of the error you have to add whatever it says is missing in the l10n part of the modDesc.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page