Farming Simulator UK Forums

The biggest unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Adding the buyable frontloader option...

Seen 3135 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Reef
2000+
Joined March 2011

« on: December 02, 2016, 05:33:41 pm »

Anyone else having issues with this or knows what my issue is?

I've followed both Giants and other mods examples and added a frontloader console to a mod tractor and it works exactly as it should but when I buy it I always get this error, it's baffled me because I can see no difference with my examples and the node counts are correct and it works in-game..

Code:
Warning: Invalid front-axis joint '0' in 'D:/Mod Folders/FS17/mods/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx.xml'

here is the xml code..

Code:
<frontloaderConfigurations>
<frontloaderConfiguration>
        <frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_no" price="0" >
            <objectChange node="0>35|0" visibilityActive="false" />
        </frontloaderConfiguration>
        <frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_yes" price="800" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_loader.png" >
            <objectChange node="0>35|0" visibilityActive="true" visibilityInactive="false"/>
            <!-- frontloader attacher -->
            <attacherJoint index="0>35|0|0|0" jointType="attachableFrontloader" upperRotation="0 0 0" lowerRotation="0 0 0" lowerTransLimit="0 0 0" lowerRotLimit="0 0 0" moveTime="2" >
                <schema position="0 0.4" rotation="0" invertX="true" />
            </attacherJoint>
    </frontloaderConfigurations>

relevant GE bits..

Chocolatecake2001
As you do...
MVP
Joined June 2013
Every day sees an idea come to life...

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 05:43:03 pm »

I've had a couple of thoughts:

Firstly are you positive this error is to do wit the front loader block because it doesn't say anything relating specifically to it in the error message.

Secondly, have you tried to move the attacher joint so it isn't a child of the front loader block model?

Thanks|Chocolatecake2001

“Glazers Out”
Nottinghamshire the forest county, home of the Deere since 1966...
Reef
2000+
Joined March 2011

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:55:08 pm »

I've had a couple of thoughts:

Firstly are you positive this error is to do wit the front loader block because it doesn't say anything relating specifically to it in the error message.

Secondly, have you tried to move the attacher joint so it isn't a child of the front loader block model?

Thanks|Chocolatecake2001

Yeah the error will only appear at the exact moment you buy the attacher whether at the store or upgrading at a workshop (have dev console open whilst purchasing or upgrading)

yeah I've tried having the attacherBlock (which is what all other models ref) to 35 - 35|0 - 35|0|0 no difference (I think that's what you were getting at?)

I've also bypassed the buyable part of the code altogether and just had the attacher permanent and it still  throws the error
Hoot
MVP
Joined January 2012

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 03:11:34 am »

yeah I've tried having the attacherBlock (which is what all other models ref) to 35 - 35|0 - 35|0|0 no difference

Hi Reef, does that mean that you changed the index path for both objectChange lines to 0>35|0|0? 
Changed this:
Code:
            <objectChange node="0>35|0" visibilityActive="false" />
        <frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_yes" price="800" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_loader.png" >
            <objectChange node="0>35|0" visibilityActive="true" visibilityInactive="false"/>

To this:
Code:
            <objectChange node="0>35|0|0" visibilityActive="false" />
            <objectChange node="0>35|0|0" visibilityActive="true" visibilityInactive="false"/>

In the first one that node (0>35|0) is the index path for the frontloader transform.  By the screenshot of your scenegraph the attacherBlock is the object at index path 0>35|0|0.  I am not sure if what you said in your second post means you have already tried this. But I don't think that the code from the xml in your first post is correct.

Bandit127
Regular
Joined July 2016

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 05:33:00 am »

I added a frontloader to the Agrostar and it works. Here are the details if it helps.

Is your frontloader transform in the right place in the scenegraph? All the tractors I have looked at have the attachers at 0>5.

Code:
<frontloaderConfigurations>
        <frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_no" price="0">
            <objectChange node="0>5|3|0" visibilityActive="false"/>
        <frontloaderConfiguration name="$l10n_ui_yes" price="200" icon="$dataS2/menu/hud/configurations/config_loader.png">
            <objectChange node="0>5|3|0" visibilityActive="true" visibilityInactive="false"/>
            <attacherJoint index="0>5|3|0|0" jointType="attachableFrontloader" upperRotation="0 0 0" lowerRotation="0 0 0" lowerTransLimit="0 0 0" lowerRotLimit="0 0 0" moveTime="2">
                <schema position="0 0.4" rotation="0" invertX="true"/>
            </attacherJoint>
    </frontloaderConfigurations>
Reef
2000+
Joined March 2011

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:33:51 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I got it working error free in the end, I just had to start from scratch with the .xml, the node counts and the parents and groupings in the .i3d, it's been a heck of a chore but worth it in the end Smiley
Sotranex
Joined February 2017

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 07:07:46 pm »

Hi, I have the same problem on a mods of the loader with the error in the log.
How did you solve your problem?
Jurkkis
Veteran
Joined February 2015

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 07:32:41 pm »

It has something do with base game script that locks the swinging front axle when frontloader is attached (dont ask why its done that way). It cannot find the component joint beetween front axle and the main component of tractor. I didn't have that error but was able to add buyable frontloader console with the instructions in previous post, which basically means that you have to build the scenegraph like its in the standard tractors, frontloader console located at index path 0>5|3|0

I would like to know that it is possible to work around the part of that script, to have swinging front axle when frontloader is attached.
https://gdn.giants-software.com/documentation_scripting.php?version=script&category=70&class=2645
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 07:34:20 pm by Jurkkis » Logged

Sotranex
Joined February 2017

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 08:44:50 pm »

It has something do with base game script that locks the swinging front axle when frontloader is attached (dont ask why its done that way). It cannot find the component joint beetween front axle and the main component of tractor. I didn't have that error but was able to add buyable frontloader console with the instructions in previous post, which basically means that you have to build the scenegraph like its in the standard tractors, frontloader console located at index path 0>5|3|0

I would like to know that it is possible to work around the part of that script, to have swinging front axle when frontloader is attached.
https://gdn.giants-software.com/documentation_scripting.php?version=script&category=70&class=2645
I have already added the loader to the index 0> 5 | 3 | 0 and it always makes me this problem
Jurkkis
Veteran
Joined February 2015

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 10:02:22 pm »

Does your tractor have swinging front axle as separate component? Or does it have more components and how they are setup in xml?

grassfarm
Joined July 2017

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 03:06:42 pm »

add frontAxisLimitJoint="false" to the fl attacher bit in the xml like example here:

<attacherJoint index="0>22|0|0" jointType="attachableFrontloader" upperRotation="0 0 0" lowerRotation="0 0 0" lowerTransLimit="0 0 0" lowerRotLimit="0 0 0" moveTime="2" frontAxisLimitJoint="false" >
<schema position="0 0.4" rotation="0" invertX="true" />
</attacherJoint>
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page