FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

SUCCESS! TrackIR 5 in FS 15!!!

Seen 27934 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
ParrotNut
Joined July 2013

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 11:48:03 am »

Using TrackIR in farming sim a couple of weeks with this solution and now i can't imagine i played FS for
many years without it. Thank you very much kombatkarl  for posting this. Really a game changer, in cab view is
so much more useful with this.
Chocolatecake2001
As you do...
MVP
Joined June 2013
Every day sees an idea come to life...

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

[Post Deleted] (realised there was a page before this Cheesy)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 01:05:13 pm by Chocolatecake2001 » Logged

Nottinghamshire the forest county, home of the Deere since 1966...
ParrotNut
Joined July 2013

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

It is very easy to set up. If you have the TrackIR, you plug it in, install the software and than go to "kombatcarl's" post.
Use his step by step guide and there you go. Basically you look around with your head the same as what you do with your mouse.
There are video's out on YouTube using TrackIR in FS15 but that's with an other program that isn't available anymore, plus you had to run Windows in test mode, what i do not like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Squmcw4ae0k
Farmer_Carol
MVP
Joined May 2014
Forum baby expert.

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 04:00:18 pm »

I have a TrackIR which Ian bought me for ETS2 but it seems I move my head to much all the time. I was getting seasick on the road from Glasgow to London! Lol.

Carol. x

Why do the forestry vehicles make me feel like I'm trying to plait fog .......... wearing boxing gloves!

Intel core i7 980X @3.33 Mhz    Now @ 4.2Mhz
GTX 750 Ti
12 Gb Ram
1 elastic band.

ParrotNut
Joined July 2013

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 04:34:26 pm »

lol. Maybe you had the settings to sensitive. You can change that in the TrackIR program. Open the program, click on advanced settings and choose a profile ( Default; One:one or smooth ) Maybe that will work better for you.
seederman
Born to post
Joined January 2011

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 04:38:22 pm »

I have a TrackIR which Ian bought me for ETS2 but it seems I move my head to much all the time. I was getting seasick on the road from Glasgow to London! Lol.

Carol. x

Well he shouldn't tease you by saying is that your £20 note just blown out of the window, so you keep turning your head  PMSL   Grin Grin Grin
Farmer_Carol
MVP
Joined May 2014
Forum baby expert.

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 05:19:53 pm »

lol. Maybe you had the settings to sensitive. You can change that in the TrackIR program. Open the program, click on advanced settings and choose a profile ( Default; One:one or smooth ) Maybe that will work better for you.

We tried everything ParrotNut, I spent a good 4 hours trying to get it to work but .... no luck. I just move my head to much Smiley

Well he shouldn't tease you by saying is that your £20 note just blown out of the window, so you keep turning your head  PMSL   Grin Grin Grin

That only worked the first three times he said it! Lol.

Carol. x

Why do the forestry vehicles make me feel like I'm trying to plait fog .......... wearing boxing gloves!

Intel core i7 980X @3.33 Mhz    Now @ 4.2Mhz
GTX 750 Ti
12 Gb Ram
1 elastic band.

Chocolatecake2001
As you do...
MVP
Joined June 2013
Every day sees an idea come to life...

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 07:37:58 pm »

So having looked into the use of Track IR in Farming Simulator I have seen that Upsidedown has released a new script based around this tutorial: http://www.modhoster.com/mods/freepiecam

Not being fluent in German, I'm not really sure on what the script changes to the method here so an English explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks|Chocolatecake2001

Nottinghamshire the forest county, home of the Deere since 1966...
Reef
Forum Jedi
3000+
Joined March 2011

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 09:34:05 pm »

I've just set it all up and I'd say it works as well as native TrackIR in ETS2 (a bold claim but true nontheless)

Process (for those with TrackIR like me)

• I will assume you have TrackIR installed and are familiar with it
  • Download and install FreePie (link supplied in Upsidedowns wall of text) Tongue
  • Download and install Vjoy (link also in Upsidedowns text) *SEE NOTE ADDED BELOW*
  • Download Upsidedowns mod

Now..

• Place the .py script (located in "freePieCam UNPACK\freePie_scripts + config_files\TrackIR\5DOF_1vJoy_noRoll" or "6DOF_2vJoy_All") either into FreePie library (in its root folder within your Program Files) or in a place you will remember its location (to find later when prompted)
  • Place the "freePieCam_config.xml" in your My Games/FarmingSimulator2015 folder (where your log.txt and mod folder is located)
  • Place the "ZZZ_freePieCAM.zip" into your mods folder (same as you would any other mod)

Start up..

• Start TrackIR
  • Start FreePie - Click on File and then Open, search for the .py script, when loaded just press F5 to run the script
  • Start FS15
  • Jump in a tractor and go to in cab camera

Fine tuning..

Like I said at the start I assume you already have and know how to use the TrackIR software so now fine tune it to your liking.

My personal preference is use the "5DOF_1vJoy_noRoll" .py script with 0.5 speed and a very smooth fine increment of turn via the graph adjuster

* From Upsidedowns post - Unnecessary virtual joystick should be disabled in vJoy! This one makes in "configure vJoy" tool, which is installed with vJoy. (Google translate, make of it what you will)
[/list]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:38:51 pm by Reef » Logged
Faelandaea
Joined May 2014

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2015, 10:13:37 am »

Definitely NOT recommended for Logitech users.  If Logitech users try this method, you WILL screw up any use of a G27 or other Logitech device in your game. 

I tried both techniques (starting with Reef's).  The game will now not communicate at all with my G27, even after uninstalling FreePIE.  The gme refuses to acknowledge my combined pedals, basically, so the moment I enter the game my camera goes to the ground and my character continually walks backwards.  This is a result of "combined pedals" not being reported by the G27 software.   The problem remains permanent, and after proper examination of the files on my system, I have determined that I will have to completely reinstall Windows in order to gain my settings back.

I tried ... so sorry I did Sad  I just got Track IR today for a late holiday gift and I would have loved to use it in FS15.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:54:16 am by Faelandaea » Logged
Russ
Admin
Joined March 2009

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 12:22:46 pm »

The problem remains permanent, and after proper examination of the files on my system, I have determined that I will have to completely reinstall Windows in order to gain my settings back.
I find that highly unlikely. Other than a catastrophic failure of internal windows components (often caused by something like a virus or hard drive failure) there is probably no need to re-install windows.

You say you still have some input, even if it's mangled (character walking backwards) so it's worth checking that everything is configured correctly and you have the correct drivers installed, and all elements of FreePIE/Vjoy are definitely gone (uninstaller might have left some drivers).

So re-trace your steps, rack your brain, and think logically. A full re-install of the logitech drivers is a good place to start, as it making sure you reboot your pc to ensure any changes the uninstaller made actually happened. Start afresh and double check everything, and I'm sure you can solve this.

I can't provide specifics, but I just wanted to make it clear that reinstalling windows isn't really an answer for any tech support related question these days. It's more like a "I dunno how to fix anything so I'm gonna put the windows CD in and make a cuppa tea" solution.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:26:40 pm by Russ » Logged

Want to chat about Farming Simulator? Join our Discord or Slack
Reef
Forum Jedi
3000+
Joined March 2011

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 12:23:22 pm »

Sorry to hear of your woes but anyone that knows me knows that I too have and use a G27 wheel.

Other than the left & right / forward & backwards all of my buttons are mapped using Xpadder (genuine bought version) due to GIANTS weird and wonderful native controller/wheel support (or lack thereof)

I would suggest from what I can glean from Upsidedowns post (who also uses a G27 incidentally) is it's Vjoy causing the issue, NOT FreePie, you need to make sure that there is only necessary virtual controller mapping as having unnecessary ones can cause mapping issues within the game.

So before you hit your PC with a sledgehammer to try to fix it I'd suggest looking at the Vjoy settings first

*UPDATE*

Ok,
Weirdly yesterday after setting it all up and playing for most of the night and well into the early hours it all worked fine, as I'd already stated.
Today however was a different story, some how when I started it all up again today (following the exact same startup process as yesterday) it managed to "Bork" my logitech profiler settings too,  hnngh ¬_¬

After quite a bit of fiddling about with the various programs I couldn't get the wheel to work correctly again, I was getting roughly 200° rotation (1/4 turn each way) instead of my desired 900° and whatever I tried to adjust it wouldn't change, although none of my buttons were affected which i put down to using Xpadder like previously stated.

But I didn't panic and I didn't re-install Windows or take a sledgehammer to my PC, I just proceeded calmly with the following procedure... Tongue

• Uninstall Vjoy using its own uninstaller
  • Uninstall FreePie again it has its own uninstaller
  • Uninstalled Logitech profiler using Ccleaners uninstall feature
  • Ccleaned
  • Registry cleaned (using Ccleaner)
  • Re-installed Logitech profiler

As for the issue, others have reported it and said that just re-installing Vjoy & FreePie fixed it but I'm not going to bother with it for now, maybe I'll try it again at a later date or maybe if/when Upsidedown figures why some people are having this issue and he has a proper fix for it.

Sorry for any unnecessary stress caused by my previous recommendation, I could only comment yesterday on how it performed yesterday, that's software and modding for ya Smiley
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:05:46 pm by Reef » Logged
fireatwillsmith
Joined August 2009

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2016, 10:34:42 pm »

hate to dig this up but ive been trying to get it to work and when im in freepie i hit F5 to start the script and than about 30 seconds later i get lost contact with process and no process is associated with this object. any help would be appreciated

thanks
dertien
Joined March 2016

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 11:36:57 pm »

Right,

Since FreePie refuses to show me its GUI (its running in the process tab but no GUI is visible, I have found a maybe less elegant solution but it works ingame.

So:

1) Start up TrackIR (obviously)

2) download GlovePIE040.zip from this site:  http://glovepie.org/

3) create a folder somewhere and unpack it (I created a folder under C:/glovepie) no need to install, it's a portable application.

4) In the folder you will now find a file GlovePIE_Bird_5DT.exe which ran for me. GlovePIE.exe might run for you but I got an error, maybe because I'm running win 7 64 bit.

5) when the Glovepie window is open copy paste the code below in the window and click run

Code:
if trackir.Yaw >(10)
keyboard0.RightArrow = true
else
keyboard0.RightArrow = false
endif

if trackir.Yaw <(-10)
keyboard0.LeftArrow = true
else
keyboard0.LeftArrow = false
endif

if trackir.Pitch >(30)
keyboard0.UpArrow = true
else
keyboard0.UpArrow = false
endif

if trackir.Pitch <(-30)
keyboard0.DownArrow = true
else
keyboard0.DownArrow = false
endif

6) make sure the up/down/left/right keys on the keyboard are bound to the options in FS 2015 for Vehicle look up/ Vehicle look down/ Left and Right.

No need for any other programs to run.

You can change the values in the code to your liking. If someone is able to make the motion smoother, do not hesitate to change the code and share it.

Thanks.

Original code by: Jose Perez (youtube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwuEv4vhH7c

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 02:33:38 am by dertien » Logged
h0bb3
Joined August 2009

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

Thank you so much for this! The game just got a lot better! Cheesy THANKS!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 07:30:23 pm by FourBitty » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page