FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

Why tractors are so slow playing with "moreRealistic" ?

Seen 33465 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 01:55:35 pm »

next IRL example  :

This picture comes from "tony167" (forum.grostracteurspassion.com)
The road is slightly wet, and the John Deere can't move anymore.
As you can see, the slope gradient doesn't seem very steep.
This has nothing to do with Hagensted (nothing to compare with the ingame raod gradient), but still, the tractor can't make it Wink
Of course, the road is "steeper" than what we think it is by looking at the picture.

example for those who think a tractor should keep its speed for a longer time before losing speed (inertia) :
Watch this video from 4:50 to 5:40
2012 Grain Harvest Dalmeny Estate Scotland

Please note the trailer is far from being fully loaded (less than 10T of canola). And as usual, the slope gradient is not at the same level as what we can encounter ingame.

3rd : "no comment"
Tanking with JCB Fastrack and Joskin.
JCB Fastrack with SOUND!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:17:18 pm by dural » Logged
djhomann2005
MVP
Joined October 2012

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 09:30:04 pm »

Wow!  Those are some awesome examples.  That tractor really lost it's momentum quickly.  I wonder how many people that play this MR are expecting the tractors to act like their cars. 
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 07:16:50 am »

Wow!  Those are some awesome examples.  That tractor really lost it's momentum quickly.  I wonder how many people that play this MR are expecting the tractors to act like their cars.  
1. most players do not know what a tractor is (not trying to be "insulting", this is a fact, and normal. this is the same for Eurotruck or any other simulation game. The game has to show the player what is "real" and what is "not" -> educative part of the game. The "bad" thing is that everybody is accustomed to wrong physics with all the existing farming games...)
2. many IRL farmers (or farmer's child) do not farm on a very steep land. Lands are mostly flat where there is a lot of farmers.
3. again and again : very difficult to "measure" the land shape (elevation, slope gradient) with a game perspective camera (15m above the ground = helicopter view) and without feeling the gravity like we do IRL (this would not be the same with an "inclining chair")
sootysax
Veteran
Joined February 2014

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 11:22:18 am »

yes, inclining chair and oculus rift!! when is that support coming? Wink
dural
Area Moderator
Joined May 2010

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:12 am »

acceleration example :
https://www.tractortube.com/de/videos/128077

fendt 939 + kotte garant (less than 44T total weight) : about 13 seconds to speed up from 8-10km/h to 32km/h on a flat road = welcome to IRL... Try to do the same with the "mr engine" to compare if the "FS13 + MR" is really slow or not.

My little test :
mr case ih magnum 340, 45T total weight with a trailer : 7km/h to 32km/h = about 10.5 seconds.
loenne-michel
Joined April 2014

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 05:40:01 pm »

It´s very impressive to see all this heavy machninery struggling with gravity! Following examples are from new zealand, tikitere hill. Same road, two different "fighters"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDC0yB0LVe0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_ieiLoD1E

I like to thank dural and the whole team for creating this amazing more realistic mod. You save farming simulator 2013 from death...   Wink

cheers Micha
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 07:00:23 pm by loenne-michel » Logged
IraAten
Regular
Joined September 2011

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 07:56:44 pm »

Just had the mr New Holland TM 150 in the yard with nothing attached, max speed 4.2, if I use W and S it goes really fast, infact it is almost as fast in reverse as forward but when I engage the gears it just goes really slow.
getawfmoiland
Veteran
Joined August 2011

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »

Just had the mr New Holland TM 150 in the yard with nothing attached, max speed 4.2, if I use W and S it goes really fast, infact it is almost as fast in reverse as forward but when I engage the gears it just goes really slow.

standard setting for mr are key 1, 4mph, button 2, 8mph button 3, 12mph, button 4 is full throttle. If if is only going slow unloaded, you have probably prssed ctrl+(1-4) this will put an auto limit (of the speed you are going when you press combination) to those buttons. You can reset it by using the kp + and - keys to bring the speed back to what it should be.

Longman
Joined February 2016

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 09:51:25 pm »

Certainly the right choice for real simulation!

When tractors don't have enough power to pull a load the engine will 'stall' in gear the gearbox should hold it safely, don't press the clutch! Operator needs to apply parking brake immediately before pressing clutch to restart engine. If it doesn't have enough power to pull the load: trailer/field implement, it will keep stalling, major crisis halfway up the hill with only option of reverse! Most obviously you probably need a bigger tractor for the job, different tyres, or ballast for traction.. Power/HP is usually the main expensive problem. My cousin has a JCB 3230 fastrac (10T). Its fast with no payload but put a loaded  trailer, say 14T & trailer weight (6T), that's 30T gross weight/mass. You need quite a few revs to get it moving on flat ground but face a steep hill, you're very quickly down to the lowest gears and struggling at 2-5mph to climb without stalling. Tarmac is easier for rolling resistance (2WD) but in a field you'll definitely need 4WD, maybe even diff lock if ground is wet & a steep hill.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page