FS-UK has been updated! Find out more

Farming Simulator UK Forums

Unofficial UK forums for Farming Simulator and FS mods.

Search Rules Chat Wiki Gallery Privacy Policy

Ahoy there, guest!

[Support] New Holland T7550

Seen 23045 times - 0 Members and 1 Guest are currently viewing this thread

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009

« on: April 07, 2013, 09:01:22 pm »

This is an automatically generated support topic for the mod 'New Holland T7550' - Click here to view

If you need help using this mod, please reply to this topic.

If you have any issues with the mod, please report them here: Bugreport Form
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 09:10:50 pm by JoXXer » Logged

Random Hero
That other guy..
MVP
Joined March 2009
Retro redneck

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 05:40:45 am »

A bit of help for the scandinavian users: To move the hitch where is says "Key [/Key ' " you need to use Å for up and Ø for down

claasaxos330
Veteran
Joined February 2010
Coffee taught him insanity ...

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 07:29:40 am »

A bit of help for the scandinavian users: To move the hitch where is says "Key [/Key ' " you need to use Å for up and Ø for down

Ahh, thank you Wink Now i know for the future! Wink

Killerhangar
Regular
Joined August 2009

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:39:06 am »

That means Å and Ä or Ö?

But great NH! Thx guys! Smiley
JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:13:29 am »

That means Å and Ä or Ö?

But great NH! Thx guys! Smiley

Å and Ä ;P
Sorry about the confusion there, but I found those were the best buttons to place it on and unfortunately the helptext don't do localized keyboards.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 10:15:04 am by JoXXer » Logged

Katsuo
Regular
Joined July 2009

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:32:03 am »

Nice tractor with nice textures...unfortunately i had to put it into the trash...81MB vRAM?? Are you kidding me? NH and CVX together are nearly using as much as the complete FS13 map uses..it's definitely toooooooo much! You could have saved a lot, by resizing the textures. Lots of them could be scaled down by 50% without a loss of quality. Also you could have mirrored the wheels so you only need two instead of 4 files Smiley
rh
FS-UK Mod Tester
NI Modding
Joined April 2009

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:50:57 am »

I would have to agree with Katsuo, and it is entirely doable. Henly20 did an edit of the V1 of the Case and got the total file size down to just over 8mb. Sometimes just resaving textures in a different format (dxt1/dxt2 etc) can reduce their size - I would recommend Paint.Net to you for this.

But overall two very nice tractors, however the Case is the superior model in terms of accuracy

NI Modding - alwyn, henly20, knut, peterj, rh, sam123
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/@ni_modding
Visit our website http://nimodding.wordpress.com
rrb78
500+
Joined November 2012

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 11:59:53 am »

I have done this to both tractors,  Case and NH, and they are now at 17mb and 14mb each..
Only changed size of textures from 2048x2048 to 1024x1024.. I always do this with mods, don't feel that 2048 is any noticeable better than 1024..
Still look very good.. Cheesy
marcel1519
Veteran
Joined March 2010
marcel

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 12:04:36 pm »

Great Mod works perfect its very realistic maby you could build the features from this tractor also in the other new holland the  8340 that would be great .

JoXXer
BJR Modding
Joined December 2009

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »

Nice tractor with nice textures...unfortunately i had to put it into the trash...81MB vRAM?? Are you kidding me? NH and CVX together are nearly using as much as the complete FS13 map uses..it's definitely toooooooo much! You could have saved a lot, by resizing the textures. Lots of them could be scaled down by 50% without a loss of quality. Also you could have mirrored the wheels so you only need two instead of 4 files Smiley

Not kidding, not even a little bit!
Our mods always end up in your trash anyway, so meh =)
We are very much aware of how we could increase performance by a lot, it's just that we value the quality more.
There might be a lightweight version released some time, but for now we're happy where it's at.
I would also love living in your world where scaling down images doesn't reduce quality.

I would have to agree with Katsuo, and it is entirely doable. Henly20 did an edit of the V1 of the Case and got the total file size down to just over 8mb. Sometimes just resaving textures in a different format (dxt1/dxt2 etc) can reduce their size - I would recommend Paint.Net to you for this.

But overall two very nice tractors, however the Case is the superior model in terms of accuracy

The nVidia DDS plugin for PS works well as well. Everything that doesn't have alpha should already be saved at dxt1 though.

Interesting that you think that regarding accuracy, since this model is actually much closer to our references than the Case.

rh
FS-UK Mod Tester
NI Modding
Joined April 2009

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 04:10:43 pm »

Dunno, I just think the bonnet on the Case looks better. The NH doesn't look quite right

NI Modding - alwyn, henly20, knut, peterj, rh, sam123
Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/@ni_modding
Visit our website http://nimodding.wordpress.com
JMacky
Regular
Joined May 2010

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 04:13:13 pm »

It's a really nice tractor! However the top speed difference seems to be a lot higher for the case, than the new Holland?

Wiliam
The Welsh Legend
3000+
Joined May 2010
Jh willis pilot 💪🏻

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

Dunno, I just think the bonnet on the Case looks better. The NH doesn't look quite right

Yes I do agree on that. Don't get me wrong, its a lovely mod, but I do think the bonnet is a little bit to small for a T7550. I've seen pictures of the real thing and the bonnet look's much bigger to me. =)
bassaddict
MVP
Joined May 2012

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 04:30:08 pm »

I would also love living in your world where scaling down images doesn't reduce quality.
Actually you do live in that world. If a texture is e.g. 1024*1024, but the object is never rendered bigger then 512*512 ingame, then you can resize the texture to 512*512 without reducing the quality.
-frontFendersAxleFrame_diffuse.dds
-frontLinkage_diffuse.dds
-icButtonGradient_diffuse.dds
-interior_objects_diffuse.dds
-interiorLowDetail_diffuse.dds
Just to name a few textures for which that applies. Or at least in the very most cases. For that very few cases that you move the camera veeeery close to the objects, it's really not an excuse to use such big textures.

Another problem are the nearly empty normal-maps. frontFendersAxleFrame_normal.dds and rearMudguardsFrame_normal.dds really don't need to be that big, 1024 would be completely sufficient.
You also don't need completely empty normal- and specular-maps. All these files are loaded and rendered every single frame, even though they have completely no information at all. Waste of performance and unnecessary increasing the ZIP file size.

Also in some cases wrong DXT formats are used and many mipmaps are missing.

XML is the key to solid modding knowledge.
The combined forum IQ is much higher than mine!

Don't provoke me, I'm crazy. Mwahahaha!
This is Hardcore - Free Album
Totenfarmer
500+
Joined May 2011

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 04:50:13 pm »

@ JoXXer: I couldn`t agree more about what you say about quality being the most important, keep that thought Smiley
I got a big LCD monitor, and there are actually mods I won`t use because of the texturing, the absolutely worst thing I see is a tractor that`s just a blurry mess of colors, or text you can`t read until you plant farmers face in the hood of the tractor. I think you did a really good job on both the NH and the Case.
Only thing I could pick on is what is a matter of taste, and that`s the AO texturing, sure, it makes a mod look good, but with some colors I don`t think it`s looking so good as with other colors...don`t know why..
Anyway, keep up the good work, love your mods Smiley
P.S: Can you like not delete the tractors again, I`m getting tired of telling you how great they are Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Back Top of page